What's new

Six Feet Under - 5/4/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice powderkeg of an episode.

This could be the end for David and Keith.

Russell is one messed up dude, and might just become suicidal given what Claire has said to him after he 'fessed up about his tryst with Olivier.

Lisa's gone missing, and I suspect she's a goner.

Nate had a mini-breakdown, and isn't all "there" and is a little confused in his station in life.

Brenda's got problems on 2 fronts: having a brother with no boundaries, and not being able to be friends with a former lover.

Ruth shares some of her history with Claire, examines why her libido is running so high nowadays.

Arthur is still just weird.

Vanessa's anti-depressant meds are giving her wild swings in her emotions. Rico is mainly confused by it all.

And yes, I still hold out hope that Nate will wake up out of his coma soon... :)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well Arthur needs to go back to the Adam's Family. That guy is truly nuts.

Good Episode. I was ready to cheer when Brenda and Nate got going. Lisa is probably floating in that ocean right now.

And no, I don't want this whole coma thing to come about. If it winds up that he is dead, that will truly suck. The only thing that would be worse than that happening is Arthur and David hooking up.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I don't remember Prof. X having to rearrange any tiles when he wanted to focus on mutants instead of humans at the beginning of the movie.
Eeeew...

Good episode. Finally this season is getting some life breathed into it.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Was anybody else laughing their ass off at this episode? Must have been one of the funniest ones of the season. Great stuff.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
I liked this one too, seems like finally things are reaching critical mass and several relationships are being tested. I had a feeling Lisa was going to pull a runner they way she left Nate and Maya. The Claire/Russell scene was very well acted, I just didn't expect all that to come out so abruptly.

John_VI

Second Unit
Ruth sharing her sexual exploits (sort of) with Claire was very touching. When Claire told Russell to hit the bricks and then ran back thru the kitchen, Ruth just stood there dumbfounded and crying, seemingly not feeling any connection with her daughter. A very sad moment. But then later I was very happy to see them sharing stories. If Lisa is a goner, I think she made up her mind while she and Nate were in the pyramid. When she spoke to Nate on the phone, staring at the ocean, I told my wife, "She's going to drown herself." It'll be interesting to see if this prophesy comes true. I think that Lisa's suicide would be the best thing for the show. It would allow Nate and Brenda to get back together, but would force Nate to grow up a bit more since he'd still have Maya. I'd love to see David finally get fed up with Keith and dump him. I don't think Keith would mind, but I think David would be devastated.

Most touching moment for me was when Ruth was telling Claire that Nathaniel was the love of her life, even though they grew apart as they got older. She told Claire (paraphrased), "No other man will ever love me when I'm young and pretty." Great line, and very revealing of Ruth's post-Nathaniel love life.

Loved the ep, and can't wait for the final three eps of the season.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Great episode indeed! The one thing I couldn't figure out was why Ruth got all pissed off at Arthur??

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ruth was pissed off because Arthur can't/won't take their relationship to the next level - intimate sex. A woman can only take so much "cat-like" nudging of their head.

Oh, also loved Russell's meltdown in class. That was funny stuff.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
My take on the Lisa story line is explained in this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...136144-2992626

Kate Chopin's "The Awakening" English majors know it. It's unforgettable if you've read it.

In other words, yes Lisa killed herself in the water leaving beautiful, constantly Benadryl-ed ;) Mara to the Fishers. That's my opinion.

Very good ep. Finally some writing worthy of these actors. Keith's Dad sucks.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Yeh I thought this one was funny too. When Olivia said "he could have at least made the effort to slam the door".

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Wow, I didn't expect so many here to think Lisa killed herself. The thought had crossed my mind but I am on the fence.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my girlfriend also thinks that lisa killed herself, but that didn't even occur to me. but it does kinda make sense.

i hope we don't lose arthur - that guy is too cool for school. loved the part where he was comparing his black socks.

please let david and keith figure out what's up so we can move on. that is starting to get truly tiring.

props to claire. i feel so sorry for her...all she needs is a decent guy but she's like the freak magnet.

i TOTALLY knew billy was gonna bust a move. i was like, ewwww! why didn't brenda go to her parents (well...mom's) instead of some motel?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Ruth was pissed off because Arthur can't/won't take their relationship to the next level - intimate sex.
I don't necessarily think that Arthur won't take the next step, it's just that he's not experienced in the ways. Ruth asked him if he'd ever had sex before and he said "Yes, I think so." which means NO. :D He's like a little kid that just doesn't know how to make that move.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Kate Chopin's "The Awakening" English majors know it. It's unforgettable if you've read it.
Decent book, but I don't see the connection to Lisa at all, other than the possibility that she deliberately left her family (which we don't even know for sure yet).

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I dunno. I don't buy the Lisa/suicide angle. I mean, their relationship wasn't THAT bad and her situation in total wasn't that tragic.

I don't think that she would have just runaway either, for the same reasons as above.

Perhaps she is dead, maybe by accident.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Speculation: I figure Lisa just got run off the road and her car crashed into a ravine. That way, it's more tragic, less blame is ascribed to Lisa if she just killed herself. Either, less Lisa is fine by me.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Here's another possibility. Maybe Lisa came home early and saw that Brenda's car was there. Then she sped off in a rage and got into a fatal accident. I was waiting for her to come in when Nate and Brenda were kissing.

Yeah, Arthur with his socks was hilarious. He is great for the show.

Claire had the most real reaction after hearing about Russel. She is the freak magnet. She will end up like her aunt.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The previews appeared that something tragic has happened, but it wouldn't be the first time a preview was deceptive. With that said, I like Patrick's speculation of a fatal accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks