What's new

Klipsch going to Best Buy? (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Sorry if this has already been brought up.I was at Ovation(a decent place to buy a/v junk) this past weekend looking at the ref. line of Klipsch speakers as I already own some from the Synergy line.The sales man and I have delvoped a decent relationship over the past few years and he told me to wait a month or so as the Synergy line is going to Best Buy and there will be a Ref.set starting at the price as the Sf-2(which I currently run up front),I believe he said they are Rf-15 or somthing like that.

So thats the good news and the bad.

Arup

Stunt Coordinator
Well Yamaha, Onkyo and Denon has already gone mass market so why should Klipsch hold back. It is a survival game today.

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
i was surprised to see that best buy was selling athena subs on their website O.o

Jeff H

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Best Buy in Springfield, VA and they had Klipsch and Athena speakers in the store. They were not set up yet. Best Buy is redoing the whole store. An employee told me that the receivers, speakers and TV's were all going to be set up together. I just wish they would learn how to calibrate their systems. They always seem to crank the sub. It drives me crazy. I have never heard of Athena speakers, how are they?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I was at bestbuy last friday and they had Athena Technology Subwoofers, an Athena floorstander, Klispch Synergy line, all in their store.

I was there to pick up some JBLN26AW speakers for an outdoor installation.

Too bad BestBuy is generally a bit pricey, even on their clearance items.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
I was at my local Best Buy looking at speakers today. They did not have them set up and I asked if they will be getting them soon. The salesman said he had no idea...LOL

Chris

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

Jeff,

I know a few people and the audio supervisor in that store because I used to work there(I'm thinking about going back). That particular store is being used as a test market for Best Buy carrying true high end gear. He was saying the audio and video section was being remodeled to be one big department and the whole speaker room was being redone. They're going to have living room type setup's with couches and all in there. They'll also have special sales people in suits just for the high end stuff. He said they're getting B&W speakers as well as Denon. They're shutting down the store in a few weeks to do the major remodelling.

If I work there, don't worry, I'll make sure everything's calibrated.

This is only at this one store, so don't expect to see B&W speakers at your local BB.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

That's one of the reasons I want to go back, it's mainly Klipsch though. I wonder if I could get a discount on the Reference line somehow?

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Best Buys is also a PC store, and carry many lines of PC speakers, Klipsch being one of them. That would already give them the 'authorized' dealer option (could be wrong).

I would wager that it's also Best Buy wondering just how well they would do selling higher end speakers. BB is filled with HT in a box setups, probably cheap for them to buy.

Going to seperates, I'm sure, is a big step for BB, they have to think that they can move stock, this is a good thing IMO.

Hell, The Good Guys here in LA sell Klipsch, I don't see the harm in it, we all know Klipsch, so having more retailers carry them is a good thing.

Think of it this way, Bose could lost market share! 'Joe User' buys Bose because all the chains sell them...why? They're cheap to stock which means good mark up and good sell through!

Andy F

Stunt Coordinator
From what i understand from a dealer/friend of mine is that only the synergy line will be available at best buy.

Franklin

Agent
funny this thread is here as i just got in from BB and lo and behold there was a small supply of klipsch and athenas on the floor. they were kinda grouped together which didnt make much sense, and of course the sub was rediculously cranked high. i thought it was just me who thought that :)
personally, im a fan of the klipsch synergy series. i got the SC-1 from tweeter at a pretty decent price about a month ago as they seemed to be getting rid of all their stock.
my only dissapointment so far is that BB only had the SS.5 surrounds...

PaulT

Supporting Actor
In the Press release on the Klipsch website it states that the 'Synergy' line will be available at Best Buy as per Andy's post.

Athena speakers are made by the same group (API) that makes Mirage and Energy speakers (Canadian manufacturer). They have signed a large volume deal with Best Buy (who have purchased the Canadian electronics retailer Future Shop). I have not heard the speakers but have read they are mid-way between the Mirage and Energy lines.
http://www.athenaspeakers.com

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
mirage makes awesome speakers, even their low end stuff sounds excellent.

Nick V

Second Unit
I have not heard the speakers but have read they are mid-way between the Mirage and Energy lines.
I think they are more an entry level company below energy and Mirage.

I have heard both the SCT series and the Audition series, and while I believe that they sound excellent at their respective prices, I don't think that they can compete with the Veritas series from Energy, or the even with the mid range Mirage's although there does appear to be a great deal of overlap (price-wise) within this large corporation.

The Athena SCT series is priced similarly to Energy's Connoisseur series if my memory serves me correctly, and I like them about the same although they have a very different sound. The audition's sound fairly good, maybe similar to the old e:xl's from energy price wise, but I prefer the Athena's there.

They have alot to offer for their price, although if you're considering them, you should look elsewhere for a sub-woofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks