Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Tosh 65h82 VS 65hdx82... Help!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Doug_H

Doug_H

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 12:29 AM

I have been trying to find the differences between these sets and what those differences mean. The Toshiba site is very little help even when downloading the users manuals. Please... what will I be giving up if I buy the 65h82? I am most interested in the picture with DVD. HDTV is a secondary consideration. Thanks in advance.
Every child has many wishes. Some include a wallet, two chicks, and a cigar, but that's another story.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter

• 1,004 posts

Posted April 29 2003 - 03:26 AM

The hdx series has better tubes, or would have better tubes except that there have been problems with them.

Search the Forum for more info.

Jan
Jan Strnad

aka J. Knight,
author of Risen and Boo.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   sean_pecor

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted April 30 2003 - 01:09 AM

If memory serves, the HDX offers a number of improvements, including better CRTs and DVI input (for a future HDTV feed). The enclosure build quality is also improved.

If the nicer looking (subjective opinion) enclosure, and DVI input aren't important then save some money and get the 65H82.

On another note, if you're willing to wait 3 months or so then the 65H83 will be coming out, and that will surely drive down 65H82 prices further as it will become a clearance model. Or you can spring big coin for the 65H83 - it's supposed to have even more improvements for us feature hungry geek types Posted Image

Sean.
President, Lead Developer
Digital Spinner, Inc.
http://www.digitalspinner.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users