Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amp for Denon receiver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Dan_asdf

Dan_asdf

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 08:49 AM

I currently have a Denon receiver, and am thinking about getting an amp since the Denon is only putting out 85 watts per channel. Speakers are Cerwin Vega 12s in front, JBL N-center 1, JBL N-24s for surround, and JBL PB-12 sub.
Any suggestions on which amp would compliment the best? Price range is under $300 probably.
thanks

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Yogi

Yogi

Screenwriter

• 1,741 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 01:52 AM

If you can go used then there are plenty of stereo options from good amp makers like Rotel, B&K, Parasound, Anthem Acurus etc. You can find several 125Wx2 amps at Audiogon in that price range. This would make a substantial improvement in your front soundstage, plus having the Denon's power supply free of the front two mains would would improve the power situation for the surrounds too.
The truth is not out there but within you.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 04:28 AM

I picked up my Parasound 1205A from Audiogon and could not be happier with this upgrade. This amp really increaded the range of my speakers.
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

THE LOFT