Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

A.I. and Toshiba 2800

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   muskie

muskie

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:52 PM

I finally got around to renting this and in the 15th Chapter at approximately 58:38 into the movie it stutters then freezes. I can force it forward a few more seconds but then it won't go no more. I can switch ahead a chapter.

This is a rental DVD and this is the first time I've experienced any problems with my player. It is pretty new, less then a year old and not overly used. I searched the forum but could not find anything.

Anyone else have problems with this DVD or this player?

Thanks in advance,

Muskie

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 04:10 PM

It's probably just a scratch on the DVD itself. I wouldn't be surprised considering it's a rental. I have run into this same behaviour (I have a 2800 also) a couple of times, always on DVDs that had seen better days.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   JimmyK

JimmyK

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 03:56 AM

I suspect it's a scratch or something on the disc.

I purchased A.I. when it was released and have had no problems on my Tosh SD6200.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 05:36 AM

Surely it's the disc. I have a 2800 in my bedroom setup and one thing I really like about it is that it handles anything you throw at it.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   muskie

muskie

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 05:47 AM

I guess that is it. I checked and both the feature and extras disk have numerous scratches.

I had to miss whole scenes because of this so it was annoying.

Cheers,

Muskie

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 06:00 AM

When you take it back to the rental store, you should request a refund or a free rental. The rental stores cannot assume everyone has a disc cleaner at home.