A.I. and Toshiba 2800

Discussion in 'DVD' started by muskie, Apr 3, 2003.

1. muskie

muskie Agent

I finally got around to renting this and in the 15th Chapter at approximately 58:38 into the movie it stutters then freezes. I can force it forward a few more seconds but then it won't go no more. I can switch ahead a chapter.

This is a rental DVD and this is the first time I've experienced any problems with my player. It is pretty new, less then a year old and not overly used. I searched the forum but could not find anything.

Anyone else have problems with this DVD or this player?

Thanks in advance,

Muskie

2. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

It's probably just a scratch on the DVD itself. I wouldn't be surprised considering it's a rental. I have run into this same behaviour (I have a 2800 also) a couple of times, always on DVDs that had seen better days.

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    I suspect it's a scratch or something on the disc.

I purchased A.I. when it was released and have had no problems on my Tosh SD6200.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Surely it's the disc. I have a 2800 in my bedroom setup and one thing I really like about it is that it handles anything you throw at it.

5. muskie

muskie Agent

I guess that is it. I checked and both the feature and extras disk have numerous scratches.

I had to miss whole scenes because of this so it was annoying.

Cheers,

Muskie

6. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

When you take it back to the rental store, you should request a refund or a free rental. The rental stores cannot assume everyone has a disc cleaner at home.