What's new

Extreme Newbie Question about his sub (1 Viewer)

Allen:B

Auditioning
I recently received a refurbished sub (ARS108PS)for a 10X9 room. I have made the jump to 5.0 recently and thought I'd try to add the .1 on a shoe-string, but I may have gotten burned. Like I said, this is my first sub and after about two hours of having it on, I'm not sure what's wrong. It is distorted (bottoming out?) on lots of stuff. Not all the time, but its very distracting. The sub's level isn't that high (about 12 o'clock) and I don't know what to do. Is it damaged? I've got it connected to the sub pre-out and set the volume level has been pretty low. Help.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I previously owned the ar112ps and had my setting on the sub at 12 o'clock and the sub setting on the reciever at 0 and on some stuff it would bottom out....like the beginning of the new star wars.
You need to calibrate your setup with a s$v disc or avia and get yourself a rack shack meter.
You may have your sub settings to high or expecting too much from such a small sub.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
What is your subwoofer level set to on the receiver? It might be cranked to high. My receiver goes up to +12 but I can't set it above 8 or it's just too much bass. And that's with the volume level on the sub at about 1/2.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I agree, until I calibrated using a SPL meter I was running my sub WAY hot. I went from about the 12:00 position to about 8:00, that's going from 1/2 to less than 1/4 vol.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks