Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Looking for a good high end multi disk cd player.....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Jakarta Tom

Jakarta Tom

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 03:23 PM

Any suggestions? I currently have a Marantz 67MKSEII that absolutely kicks ass. The only problem is it is a single cd player and I need to get a multi cd player. Can I get some suggestions please. I don't want to give up too much on the quality sound that my current cd player gives me.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 04:20 PM

Jakarta, what is your budget? If you can find one, the Sony SCD-C555ES is an excellent changer. It's a great CD player, plus you get stereo and multi-channel SACD thrown in. It was discontinued a few months back, but check some dealers in your area. It was selling for $600-800 before it was discontinued and was a steal.

If you can't find the 'C555ES, consider the Sony 'C222ES, which is a step-down model. The 'C222ES isn't as good as the 'C555ES, but it is still a good SACD/CD player, and it is still in production. It retails for $500 but is available for around $350 by mail from authorized Sony dealers. Go to www.crutchfield.com for more information on the 'C222ES.

Finally, Rotel has a new changer on the market. I haven't used it, but Rotel makes good CD players. Go to www.rotel.com for more information.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza