What's new

Looking for a good high end multi disk cd player..... (1 Viewer)

Any suggestions? I currently have a Marantz 67MKSEII that absolutely kicks ass. The only problem is it is a single cd player and I need to get a multi cd player. Can I get some suggestions please. I don't want to give up too much on the quality sound that my current cd player gives me.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jakarta, what is your budget? If you can find one, the Sony SCD-C555ES is an excellent changer. It's a great CD player, plus you get stereo and multi-channel SACD thrown in. It was discontinued a few months back, but check some dealers in your area. It was selling for $600-800 before it was discontinued and was a steal.

If you can't find the 'C555ES, consider the Sony 'C222ES, which is a step-down model. The 'C222ES isn't as good as the 'C555ES, but it is still a good SACD/CD player, and it is still in production. It retails for $500 but is available for around $350 by mail from authorized Sony dealers. Go to www.crutchfield.com for more information on the 'C222ES.

Finally, Rotel has a new changer on the market. I haven't used it, but Rotel makes good CD players. Go to www.rotel.com for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks