Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

nOrh (and other comparable speakers) questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Tommy Rodgers

Tommy Rodgers

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 10:42 AM

Hello all,
I have finally almost decided on 4.0 ceramics as a 5.1 set for my new home's den. First, I would like help on deciding on a color. Since it is hard to tell from the Norh website exactly how the colors look, I would love input from anyone who has seen or owns these speakers. I will have cherry-colored hardwood floors, khaki walls with white mouldings. I am having cherry-stained solid oak stands built (fillable with sand for extra stability). My interior theme is very neutral, but I am very into an arts-and-crafts/ mission style of decor and will be progressing in that direction. I am leaning towards the celedon green for this reason, but love the looks of the cobalt blue, the black is always a winner, and the white is very neutral and pretty. See my dilemma?

What other speakers should I be considering in this price range? I am also considering the Aperion Audio system, as well as Ascend Acoustics (though they really don't fit my criteria as they are not exactly attractive or different-looking, one reason I'm buying new speakers is to get away from black boxes).

PLEASE help me out, I have to decide this week!

Thanks-
Tommy
I need more money!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkO

MarkO

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 11:59 AM

Tommy, I cant help you with the colors but you're choice in Norh is a good one. Im a Sonus Faber fan myself,but my friend has a norh 2 channel set up and it sound incredible for the price. I was really amazed by them.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 01:22 AM

I've got 4.0 ceramics all around in my HT. I went with black because, well, that was all they had in stock when I placed my order and I didn't want to wait... I think the white would look very nice if you have matching or complementary stands. I have several pieces of marble furniture and wish I'd gotten the white. Since your interior is already neutral, you may want to add a bit of color.

One thing about the nOrh speakers: before they break in, they are pretty harsh and midrangey. Mine opened up nicely after about a week.
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Joe Wilmore

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 04:17 AM

I had the cobalt blue, and I loved it.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Tommy Rodgers

Tommy Rodgers

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted March 12 2003 - 06:14 AM

Any more input from anyone?

Tommy
I need more money!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Tyson

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator

• 184 posts

Posted March 12 2003 - 06:27 AM

I'm selling my marble 9.0's and 4.0'sfrom my HT for a good price - the marble looks better than the ceramic, and they are much better performers. Email me or pm me if you want pictures.
"Remember Sammy Jenkins"