Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

nOrh (and other comparable speakers) questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Tommy Rodgers

Tommy Rodgers

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 10:42 AM

Hello all, I have finally almost decided on 4.0 ceramics as a 5.1 set for my new home's den. First, I would like help on deciding on a color. Since it is hard to tell from the Norh website exactly how the colors look, I would love input from anyone who has seen or owns these speakers. I will have cherry-colored hardwood floors, khaki walls with white mouldings. I am having cherry-stained solid oak stands built (fillable with sand for extra stability). My interior theme is very neutral, but I am very into an arts-and-crafts/ mission style of decor and will be progressing in that direction. I am leaning towards the celedon green for this reason, but love the looks of the cobalt blue, the black is always a winner, and the white is very neutral and pretty. See my dilemma? What other speakers should I be considering in this price range? I am also considering the Aperion Audio system, as well as Ascend Acoustics (though they really don't fit my criteria as they are not exactly attractive or different-looking, one reason I'm buying new speakers is to get away from black boxes). PLEASE help me out, I have to decide this week! Thanks- Tommy
I need more money!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkO

MarkO

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 11:59 AM

Tommy, I cant help you with the colors but you're choice in Norh is a good one. Im a Sonus Faber fan myself,but my friend has a norh 2 channel set up and it sound incredible for the price. I was really amazed by them.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 01:22 AM

I've got 4.0 ceramics all around in my HT. I went with black because, well, that was all they had in stock when I placed my order and I didn't want to wait... I think the white would look very nice if you have matching or complementary stands. I have several pieces of marble furniture and wish I'd gotten the white. Since your interior is already neutral, you may want to add a bit of color. One thing about the nOrh speakers: before they break in, they are pretty harsh and midrangey. Mine opened up nicely after about a week.
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Joe Wilmore

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 04:17 AM

I had the cobalt blue, and I loved it.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Tommy Rodgers

Tommy Rodgers

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted March 12 2003 - 06:14 AM

Any more input from anyone? Tommy
I need more money!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Tyson

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator

• 184 posts

Posted March 12 2003 - 06:27 AM

I'm selling my marble 9.0's and 4.0'sfrom my HT for a good price - the marble looks better than the ceramic, and they are much better performers. Email me or pm me if you want pictures.
"Remember Sammy Jenkins"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users