What's new

One for the books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

MattyC

Grip
Okay, I just recently upgraded half my system with the Denon 3803, Sony KV36HS500, and the Pioneer 45A. Everything is set up, all of my connections are good, and for some unknown reason, whenever I attempt to watch a DVD or play a CD via the 45A I have no volume control between -20db all the way down to -80db. The volume is fairly loud, so I can't watch/listen to anything when other people are home. Btw, this problem is just with the DVD, every other component reacts normal.

Also, I've spoken to at least 6 salesmen from Tweeter, and even had one stop by and check settings,etc and not one of them could identify the problem. One guy said it was the receiver, so I went out and bought another 3803 just to test his theory and STILL had the same problem. Another guy said to switch the setting on the 3803 from digital to stereo,etc. Just thought I'd check with the people here before the 45A does a swan dive off my balcony:D

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
How is the DVD audio connected to the receiver: optical, coaxial or RCA? Does switching to a different connection type do anything?

How about plugging the DVD player into a different input on the receiver (DBS, etc)...

-Scott

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Process of elimination. Scott is right. Try plugging the DVD into another port. Try analog, try different digital and try 6 channel. This will tell you if it is the Dvd or the Receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks