Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Canton Speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Rahul Malik

Rahul Malik

• 7 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 12:22 PM

Hi My local hifi shop has a brand of speakers called Canton. I have heard the speakers and they sound good to my ears. Has anyone else had any experience with the speakers before, positive or negative. I know the speakers are German, thus it is hard to find reviews for them in English, so any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks Rahul

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 12:42 PM

Yes i have heard them, they are good but bright and really forward....in my opinion i don't like them but whatever tickles your funny bone man....just keep listening

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   skip marr

skip marr

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 01:56 PM

Check AudioKing in Minneapolis. They carry them and could probably tell you more.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann

• 1,394 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 02:04 PM

Rahul, Which models within the Canton line are you looking at? The Movie packages? The Karats? The Ergos? In general, Canton speakers sound thin when driven by the typical mid-fi receiver. Give them some decent power from a separate amplifier and they can really be enjoyable to listen to. Most of the Canton line are 4 ohm loads and not the easiest to drive, although the smaller speakers are less of a problem than the floorstanders. Michael Canton Ergo 92DC (mains and surrounds) Canton Ergo CM51 (center)

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Rahul Malik

Rahul Malik

• 7 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 04:25 PM

Hi Michael I was interested in their movie packages, in particular the 10MXII. I was also interested in your view on the LE series. Rahul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users