Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Canadian Parts Express orders

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Kirstyn

Kirstyn

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 03:11 PM

Just looking for someone who has ordered from Parts Express to Canada. Looking to order a plate amp from them and I want to know if there are any hidden charges/shipping costs that I should account for in my total bill. Thanx Kirstyn P.S. Merry Christmas to all and thanks for your much appreciated advice and wisdom....

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 04:07 PM

Well all US products don't have duty, but depending on which company you ship with you will get anywhere from 25-46 dollars for brokerage fees. Fedex was the cheapest and UPS was the most expensive in those terms. Shipping costs vary too. Add in Pst and Gst and You're all set. UPS was also COD for the brokerage and taxes. Basically take the US price and roughly doulbe it for what you will be paying.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Dustin B

Dustin B

Producer

• 3,128 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 05:39 PM

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/

Kyle can get you anything you want from Parts Express. I'm in Canada and have ordered from him. Highly recommended.
Constant Area Screen - The Only Way To Go

My Home Theatre Page

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Cam S

Cam S

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted December 21 2002 - 06:34 PM

I second what Dustin said. I order all my stuff from Kyle as well and he was a great help. Though I DID have to pay an extra $150 bucks COD when the parts came in which kinda suprised me in a bad way.
MOOOOOO

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Kirstyn

Kirstyn

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll give Kyle a try first,I'm just not looking for a huge shipping bill this time of year... Thanks again, Kirstyn.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Dustin B

Dustin B

Producer

• 3,128 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 03:32 AM

Shipping itself won't be bad. GST is expected. Shouldn't have any duty. What will get you is brokerage. Ask Kyle about shipping USPS. I don't think they charge a brokerage fee. UPS has ridiculous brokerage fees and FedEx is just about as bad.
Constant Area Screen - The Only Way To Go

My Home Theatre Page

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   PaulT

PaulT

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 04:50 AM

Depending on what you require, you could order from a Canadian Importer/Distributor in BC (in $CDN). Check the website here:

http://www.creativesound.ca/
"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work--supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat." -- Douglas Adams

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Cam S

Cam S

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 08:40 AM

Kirstyn, I never knew about CreativeSound.ca, I would seriously look at them as well because it could save you alot of money for shipping, duty and brokerage fees.
MOOOOOO

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Jonny K

Jonny K

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 05:57 PM

I just ordered all the stuff I need for my Tempest project from CreativeSound.ca. Why? Because it was too darn expensive to get it from the US! This way I bought in Canada, and my life is much easier because of it. I did a good deal of searching, and CreativeSound.ca seems to be the only place in Canada I can find. Sucky. But at least they seemed to perform OK. Jonny K.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   PaulT

PaulT

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 03:54 AM

For you guys 'back East' Posted Image you could also try Solen in Quebec. They have a different product line than Creative Sound.

www.solen.ca

Looks like a green XMas in the Okanagan this year. Hi Cam -from Vernon.
"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work--supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat." -- Douglas Adams

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Cam S

Cam S

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 03:31 PM

Hey Paul, always good to see another fellow Okanaganer! Mike Roberts said we would be getting a bunch of snow for Christmas day, so I've got my fingers crossed!! Hopefully the the mountains get some more snow too, as I'm dying to go snowmobiling!!
MOOOOOO

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark gas

Mark gas

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 09:05 PM

what ever the price in us is times it buy 2 and you get the Canadian price with everything in. It's that simple. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users