What's new

Canadian Parts Express orders (1 Viewer)

Kirstyn

Auditioning
Just looking for someone who has ordered from Parts Express to Canada. Looking to order a plate amp from them and I want to know if there are any hidden charges/shipping costs that I should account for in my total bill.
Thanx
Kirstyn
P.S. Merry Christmas to all and thanks for your much appreciated advice and wisdom....

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Well all US products don't have duty, but depending on which company you ship with you will get anywhere from 25-46 dollars for brokerage fees. Fedex was the cheapest and UPS was the most expensive in those terms. Shipping costs vary too. Add in Pst and Gst and You're all set. UPS was also COD for the brokerage and taxes. Basically take the US price and roughly doulbe it for what you will be paying.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
Kyle can get you anything you want from Parts Express. I'm in Canada and have ordered from him. Highly recommended.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I second what Dustin said. I order all my stuff from Kyle as well and he was a great help. Though I DID have to pay an extra $150 bucks COD when the parts came in which kinda suprised me in a bad way.

Kirstyn

Auditioning
Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll give Kyle a try first,I'm just not looking for a huge shipping bill this time of year...
Thanks again,
Kirstyn.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Shipping itself won't be bad. GST is expected. Shouldn't have any duty. What will get you is brokerage. Ask Kyle about shipping USPS. I don't think they charge a brokerage fee. UPS has ridiculous brokerage fees and FedEx is just about as bad.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Kirstyn, I never knew about CreativeSound.ca, I would seriously look at them as well because it could save you alot of money for shipping, duty and brokerage fees.

Jonny K

Second Unit
I just ordered all the stuff I need for my Tempest project from CreativeSound.ca.

Why? Because it was too darn expensive to get it from the US! This way I bought in Canada, and my life is much easier because of it.

I did a good deal of searching, and CreativeSound.ca seems to be the only place in Canada I can find. Sucky. But at least they seemed to perform OK.

Jonny K.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
For you guys 'back East' ;) you could also try Solen in Quebec. They have a different product line than Creative Sound.
www.solen.ca
Looks like a green XMas in the Okanagan this year. Hi Cam -from Vernon.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Hey Paul, always good to see another fellow Okanaganer! Mike Roberts said we would be getting a bunch of snow for Christmas day, so I've got my fingers crossed!! Hopefully the the mountains get some more snow too, as I'm dying to go snowmobiling!!

Mark gas

Second Unit
what ever the price in us is times it buy 2 and you get the Canadian price with everything in. It's that simple. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks