What's new

Directors Your Dream DVD (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Berlin Alexanderplatz: The complete 14-hour series by Rainer Werner Fassbinder

Commentary and interviews from: Ulli Lommel, Wim Wenders, Hanna Schygulla, Margarethe Von Trotta, Juliane Lorenz and anyone else they can dig up.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I might say that I already have my dream DVD's as well - Fellowship of the Ring Extended. I believe Two Towers Extended will be right up there with it...
However, I would like a more elaborate SE of The Matrix. And a better SE of Spider-Man would be nice as well...

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Abel Gance's Napoleon

- Newly remastered in HD
- Print source from best elements and from actual tinted/toned film.
- Presentation fully supervised by Kevin Brownlow and Robert Harris
- Carmine Coppola score re-mixed and newly edited to match the complete 330 min. version of the film. This will be 5.0
- Also include the complete Carl Davis score in 5.0
- Commentary by Kevin Brownlow and Robert Harris
- Final 20 minutes in anamorphic widescreen with the option of either a squeezed 3:1 version of the tryptich or the 3.99:1 version
- Include Abel Gance: The Charm of Dynamite documentary
- Include clips from 1930's sound re-edit and 1970's TV re-edit. (Perhaps all of the various trims...)

After seeing how well Lowry Digital Images handled Casablanca...basically retaining the look of the film, but taking out the unwanted artifacts (such as dupe footage problems and scratches)... It would be fantastic if LDI could perform a 2K restoration to Napoleon. So much of the film is damaged and often the best sources.

Among problems with the elements are endless specks, tears, scratches...but imagine if that was all digitally fixed and output. You'd have the most complete version of the film and also the cleanest.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yes! I'm with you on that one, Patrick! I'd pay big money for such a set of that outrageously awesome masterpiece. The LDI clean-up would be yield a revelation, I'm sure.

But... there are a lot of legal problems surrounding the film and the non-appearance of the longest version on DVD is driving me crazy. :frowning:

Gordy

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I'd like to add another dream DVD. (I can do that, right? :))

Whose Line Is It Anyway?: The Complete Series (UK)

All 139 episodes digitally restored and remastered

Completely unedited and uncensored for the first time

-12-disc set (DVD-18)
-Full-screen format (1.33:1)
-Dolby Digital
--English 5.1 Surround
--English Dolby Surround
-English Subtitles
-Outtakes
-Deleted skits
-Screen tests
-All 6 episodes of the original radio show
-3-Part Retrospective Documentary, "Whose Line: The Legend", featuring new, exclusive interviews with Clive Anderson, Archie Hahn, Josie Lawrence, Paul Merton, John Sessions, Rory Bremner, Jimmy Mulville, Stephen Fry, Tony Slattery, Michael McShane, Greg Proops, Ryan Stiles, Sandi Toksvig, Jim Meskimen, Colin Mochrie, Christopher Smith, Chip Esten, Brad Sherwood, Ron West, Stephen Frost, Steve Steen, Jim Sweeney, Caroline Quentin, Niall Ashdown, and Wayne Brady as well as never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage
-6 Featurettes
--"Censoring Whose Line" (A look at the editing process)
--"Whose Music Is It Anyway with Richard Vranch"
--"Inside a Whoser Convention"
--"The Origins of Improv Theater"
--"How to Play at Home"
--"Designing the Title Sequence"
-Original Network Promos
-Photo Gallery
-Guide to Pop Culture References
-Song Lyrics

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
But... there are a lot of legal problems surrounding the film and the non-appearance of the longest version on DVD is driving me crazy.
Those in region 2 didn't even get VHS or LD versions.

The LD has been long gone and the VHS just recently went out of print. (Sealed new tapes are going for about $129...)

Region 4 has a DVD, but it's basically the LD master. That means non-anamorphic 3:1 for the last 2 reels.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Mine already happened, what I consider to probally be the greatest DVD ever...........Superman The Movie.

I wish theyre rerelease it with the new WB SE packaging(like Harry Potter).

I wouldve love to have seen A Clockwork Orange SE with the footage that was cut as a extra:frowning:

And as said,the original theatrical versions of Star Wars Trilogy with the extras from the awesome LD box set

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks