What's new

You want cheap CDs?? How about $4.99 per disc w/ no shipping.... (1 Viewer)

AricB

Second Unit
I'll have to try emailing them as well, were you supposed to get the 4.99 offer from a specific place? I only got the 5.99 as well.

site is painfully slow though.

John McM

Second Unit
out of curiosity.

If I purchase a 2 or 3 disc set... will I be sent one disc at a time per month, or the whole thing? And while on that... would I not be able to get anything the next month or two?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
If you're referring to a box set or some multi-CD item, you can't put that on your queue, only single CD items go there. You can purchase other items like box sets and they send them to (the whole thing, of course) but it's seperate from the monthly "required" purchase.

That's actually why I joined- to get the box sets at those prices.

John McM

Second Unit

so you're telling me that I am only obligated to buy one CD a month for $5.99, but I can buy more if I want to?

If this is the case... I'm there!!!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

That's basically it.

I just received my SACD of "The Marvin Gaye Collection" today. No "Manufactured by BMG Music under License" markings on the packaging of the disc. :emoji_thumbsup: Pretty good for $5.32 (including tax).

John McM

Second Unit
that kicks ass, how long is the membership good for? a year, two years, what?

sorry for being so inquisitive, I am actually considering it

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
As long as they offer it. So far, the offer seems to be indefinite.

Just make sure you read the details....you are aware that you willing be charged $5.99 (or $4.99 if you get the special deal) per disc whether you have something in queue? Just have something you want in queue and you should be find. Once you put a disc in queue, yourmusic.com will tell you when it will be shipped.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone been successful getting their membership changed to the $4.99 deal? I havn't signed up yet and probably will not unless I know that I can get the $4.99 deal.

I am a member of BMG and I only buy from them when they have their 60% off sale plus free shipping. I buy a lot of 2cd collections which end up costing me about $9.99 with free shipping and no taxes. I have noticed with yourmusic.com these 2 cd collections would cost $11.98 plus tax.

With yourmusic.com can the 2 cd collections be added to your queue? Both cds are in the same case.

Of course, I would get single cds cheaper with yourmusic.com. With BMG I pay about $7 per cd with free shipping and no tax.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
My account hasn't been changed over yet. It's been two days since I signed up and sent the email asking for the switch.

I don't think any double cds or box sets can be added to your queue, just single cds, and some cds with a bonus dvd. You can order the box sets separately, and the price is 5.99 per disc, I think. The queue is only for single disc releases.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor

No, only single discs can go in the queue to satsify the monthly requirement, but you can buy as many multi-disc sets or box sets as you want, and the price is always $4.99/disc with no shipping charge. Sweet deal...

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I signed up this morning and then I sent an email to customer service asking if I could be switched to the $4.99 deal. They responded by telling me that the $4.99 deal was only for a limited time.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...hard to get around that explanation. sorry robert...not sure what else to recommend.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
No problem for $5.99 I still can't complain. I will get one single cd per month with yourmusic.com and when BMG has their 60 % off, free shipping sale I will buy the 2 cd collections from them since I will get them for $2 cheaper through BMG.

It is cool having a queue of music. It gives you something to look forward to each month. Waiting for it to arrive in the mail is part of the fun.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle,

I signed up yesterday morning and I got the same response you did within a couple of hours after I notified them. I wonder why it took so long for them to respond to you?!!

I guess we missed out by a couple of days. No biggie. It's only a buck.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Even though it's a bummer to miss out on a deal, I really don't see how anyone can legitimately complain about paying six bucks and some change for a brand-new CD/SACD delivered to their mailbox. Come on now folks, this is an awesome price any way you cut it! Is $5 a disc better? Sure, but to put it in perspective just check out the prices at your local Best Buy, Circuit City, Tower Records, etc. the next time you're shopping. No contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks