What's new

You want cheap CDs?? How about $4.99 per disc w/ no shipping.... (1 Viewer)

AricB

Second Unit
i'm not complaining, i signed up at 5.99, filled my que, emailed them they made the adjustment, i went back and checked out my cart, got 7 cd's, one is a 2disc set, for like 42 and some change. no complaints, except, i hope they add more cd's to choose from and the website is still very very slow.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
AricB,

When did you send them your email to change your account? I sent mine yesterday but was unsucessful with getting it changed.

AricB

Second Unit
i sent it either yesterday or the day before. i didnt email, i went through their form system, i also pasted the address in the link above, saying i followed this link advertising 4.99 deal, but it showed up 5.99. and they replied back saying it had been changed. very easy.

click on the contact us link at bottom of their web page and select account setup questions.... thats all i did. they updated the prices of everything in my que.

John McM

Second Unit
I like the idea, but I don't.

I mean, I think "after a year, you can cancel at anytime", would be smarter because am I really sure I will still be wanting a cd a month when I'm 60.

AricB

Second Unit
i could be wrong, i thought i read that you can cancel anytime? there is no year obligation, but if your que is empty you still get charged the 5.99 per month even if they dont send you something.

did i misunderstand that.

John McM

Second Unit

oh, you are probably right, I asked about it earlier in the thread and the person said that you have to be a member indefinately. And while a cd a month for $5.99 with free shipping is a damn good deal, I dunno if I want to be in it for life

AricB

Second Unit
gotcha, me either. i did it cause i thought it was cancel anytime, there isnt enough titles to keep me interested for life.

Ike

Screenwriter
I got my first CD in the mail today-the Hybrid SACD of Love & Theft. Checked out the SACD layer, sounds awesome. For 6 bucks, it's tough to beat, but it was hard finding a ton of stuff I wanted, since they don't seem to stock any indie labels.

AricB

Second Unit
thanks again for the tip, i already got my first months cd, and my first pay order.
i think i got 9 cd's for under $50. and they arrived probably within a week?

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
It seems as though they disabled the ability to search for "SACD" titles.

I know it worked last week for me, but it doesn't now. Anyone else have this problem?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Robert,

You're right about not able to search for "SACD" titles.

Damn! Must be too many people buying up the SACDs.

I now have commit the entire sa-cd.net database to my memory to do searches.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
The search feature for SACD titles still works on the BMG Music site. They carry the exact same selections as yourmusic.com

Heart Alive In Seattle (SACD Hybrid) 2003

Fritz Reiner Bartók, Concerto For Orchestra (SACD Hybrid) 1993

Bob Dylan Blonde On Blonde (SACD Hybrid) 1966

Bob Dylan Blood On The Tracks (SACD Hybrid) 1975

Arthur Rubinstein Chopin, Ballades & Scherzos (SACD Hybrid) 1959

Bob Dylan Desire (SACD Hybrid) 1976

Various Artists Fantasy Labels SACD 4-Pack 2004

Bob Dylan The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (SACD Hybrid) 1963

James Carter Gardenias For Lady Day (SACD Hybrid) 2003

Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (SACD Deluxe Edition - 2 CD/1 DVD) 1973

Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited (SACD Hybrid) 1965

Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan In Session (SACD Hybrid) 2003

Wes Montgomery Incredible Jazz Guitar (SACD Hybrid) 1960

Bob Dylan The Limited Edition SACD Hybrid Set 2003

Bob Dylan Love And Theft (SACD Hybrid) 2001

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Robert, if that's the list at BMG Music Service, then it seems like only yourmusic.com offers the SACD of "The Marvin Gaye Collection".

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Danny,

That was strange. The list above shows up when I search under title for "SACD" but the Marvin Gaye SACD only shows up in BMG when I search by artist.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

This just "came over the wire" at the stevehoffman.tv site....

Do a search of "SACD" using album title, but make sure you add a space before the S in SACD. You should get a 2 page list of SACDs available at yourmusic.com

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Yeah - " SACD hybrid" search (with the space before SACD) still yields 2 pages of CDs at yourmusic.

Anyone else find it at all odd that the lion's share of SACDs available are Bob Dylan's? It's hardly music I think of as getting much (if any) sonic benefit from multi-channel or higher resolution (unless Dylan's naturally whiny, speak-y voice is suddenly dramatically transformed...) ;)

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
Joined it a last week, got my first CD yesterday :). Great deal and you can cancel anytime...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Now available at either $4.99 or $5.99 each....Elton John, Eric Clapton, and Derek & The Dominos SACD.

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator

Dude, get a copy of the Blood on the Tracks SACD -- your opinion will change.

Another great deal -- the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road SACD/DVD set for 12 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks