What's new

X-Men 3 - October 3rd (1 Viewer)

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
DavisDVD says that the boxset will be 3 discs. Is that right? Does this mean that there will be a 6-disc down the road or that those hoping for a more "definitive" boxset are just getting hosed?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
but when would they double dip? You can imagine FOX re-releasing "FF" next year when the sequel hits theaters but with no X-movie on the horizon, when would be a good time to do it? (Not that there's EVER a "good" time to double dip but whatever.)

I'll pick up the collector's edition even though the comic book doesn't add that much value for me. The artwork looks a bit more classy.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Just so we're clear here (the orignal post isn't very): there are two editions being released in R1, right? A single disc and a double disc?

Edit: Nevermind, I just went to davisdvd and it looks like there's just two different single discers. Weird.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
They're talking about the 'Trilogy Boxset'. It's probably Disc 1 from the X-Men 1.5 DVD set, Disc 1 from the X-Men 2: X-Men United DVD set, and the X-Men: The Last Stand DVD.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I know, that's what I was refering to. If they are really just doing one disc each for the first two films, then that's a bummer.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
So I don't have to look it up, can anyone tell me off the top of his head what is the difference between X-men and X-men 1.5? Are there, for example deleted scenes reinserted into the movie? I may have to update from Xmen 1, if that is the case.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Magunus, thank you very much indeed. This looks to be a valuable resource, of which I was unaware.

I hope it will tell me the difference between the 1995 Pride and Prejudice released a few years ago and the upcoming 10th anniversary edition.

**goes off to explore site**

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
That is indeed an excellent resource I wasn't aware of previously.

X3 wasn't that great, but I will complete my collection. I'm disappointed that it's only one disc, but once I buy it I won't be double-dipping for a second disc of extras in the future. This will be all I get to finish the set.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'll wait for the virtually certain double dip (this is the marketing strategy Fox is known for with their big DVD releases) Actually, and I may be in the minority, but I prefer this stategy instead of having a $10+ premium on the two disc when they are both released on the same date. YMMV

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
When the "Wolverine" spin-off comes out. It's in production as we speak.

And anyone who saw the end credits clip knows that this certainly isn't a "last" anything.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
my problem with x3 is also the point that many have made. it was too short.. it needed to be longer.

superman also had this problems. but x3 was worse.

it needed more breathing room.

Jacob

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
As much as I would like to own this movie, I'm going to wait on it until I either get a Blu-Ray player and this is released in Blu-Ray or Fox decides to adopt HD-DVD (which is highly unlikely) and releases it in HD-DVD. Either way, the next X-Men movie purchase will be in Hi-Def.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I decided to skip this on theaters, but I'm actually really interested in seeing this now. I've somehow managed to stay away from spoilers too!

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G

No the trilogy will be 6-discs!
check out my previous post with my summary of the order I made from Amazon.co.uk !
I paid for the price of 1 - all 3 of them! - why not double dip?

Sten F

Second Unit
Yes, it does look like that Region 2 will be getting a 2-Disc edition. I`m aware this thread only deals with R1 info, but I thought it would be valuable to know.

I checked CDWOW and they have a 2-Disc listed for USD 23.95 to be released Oct. 9th. Not sure what it will contain as no official announcement has been made for the R2 release. No mention of DTS either ...as of now. Perhaps Region 4 will be getting one.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I just realized something; and please forgive me if this had been readily apparent for everyone else. I can be a little slow on the up-take.

But the release date is 10/3. The roman numeral for 10 is X, so the release date is X3....that's freakin' cool! Anyone else catch that??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks