1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Your unused Windows 98 SE disc

Discussion in 'Media Classifieds' started by Jonathan Burk, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Well-Known Member

Jonathan Burk
    Hi,

I need some copies of Windows 98 SE. I'm not sure what the "rules" are for selling your copy, so maybe someone can clarify them for me. I need the full install licences.

If someone had 98SE, and upgraded to XP, they need to keep the original 98SE discs, right? But if someone had a computer with Windows 98SE and they no longer use the computer at all (i.e. it was thrown away, parted out, or overwritten with a full install of XP), then they can sell their original Windows 98 SE, right?

Anyway, I'd like to pay $25 if anyone has an old copy lying around.

Thanks.

2. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Well-Known Member

FWIW, it is illegal to sell MS OS (or any MS software) that were bundled with machines (see EULA)..

3. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Well-Known Member

I have a copy of Windows 98 (first version) that came with my long-gone Gateway. I also have the Windows 98 Second Edition Updates disc (ordered direct from the MS website a couple of years ago).

As per above, you can have the first version for free, but the updates disc will cost you $15 (shipped), and they stay together.[​IMG]

I assume that's legal? I can also assure you that no computer is currently "tied to" this piece in any way.

Todd