What's new

WTB: Your unused Windows 98 SE disc (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
Hi,

I need some copies of Windows 98 SE. I'm not sure what the "rules" are for selling your copy, so maybe someone can clarify them for me. I need the full install licences.

If someone had 98SE, and upgraded to XP, they need to keep the original 98SE discs, right? But if someone had a computer with Windows 98SE and they no longer use the computer at all (i.e. it was thrown away, parted out, or overwritten with a full install of XP), then they can sell their original Windows 98 SE, right?

Anyway, I'd like to pay $25 if anyone has an old copy lying around.

Thanks.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
FWIW, it is illegal to sell MS OS (or any MS software) that were bundled with machines (see EULA)..

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I have a copy of Windows 98 (first version) that came with my long-gone Gateway. I also have the Windows 98 Second Edition Updates disc (ordered direct from the MS website a couple of years ago).

As per above, you can have the first version for free, but the updates disc will cost you $15 (shipped), and they stay together.:)

I assume that's legal? I can also assure you that no computer is currently "tied to" this piece in any way.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks