What's new

Worst Movies Ever Made? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World
- I guess because I absolutely loved the first one and thus it was like sacrilege.

Spirit
- Quite possibly the worst animated movie about a horse I've ever seen. :P

Monster's Inc.
- The most overrated movie of all time? Perhaps.

Dude, Where's My Car
- As if I even have to explain this one.

American Pie
- The second most overrated movie of all time? Maybe.

Independence Day
- I hated this one soley because of the way they used a computer virus... That couldn't happen people! It makes my brain hurt.

Godzilla (1998)
- UGH

Men in Black 2
- It was like the first one, only not good.

Austin Powers in Goldmember
- Like the second one, only... Not good!

A Knight's Tale
- Another movie that makes my brain hurt.

I actually liked Blair Witch 2, Super Mario Bros... Street Fighter... I guess if a movie entertains me, then I don't consider it bad.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been popping in and out of this thread a lot. Out of curiousity as to what people think are the worst movies. I think the title of this thread is a bit mis-leading. It should be changed to "Movies I hate" because 95% of the films named here couldn't be described as coming anywhere near the title "worst made".

I don't like "ARMAGEDDON" but, from any standpoint, it could never be considered as bad as "PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE". People will defend PLAN 9 by saying, "it's so bad, it's good" but, ignoring its camp value, P9 is closer to "worst made" than "ARMAGEDDON" could ever be.

Seeing films such as:

Monsters Inc.
Deliverance
LOTR

and even THE FOUR FEATHERS

being named as being among the worst movies ever made is humourous.

A movie I think is bad is "MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL" starring Mel Gibson. I normally will not shut off a movie -not even one I don't care for like MAGNOLIA- but for MDH I made an exception......an hour was enough. Still, I don't think I could classify even MDH as one of the worst movies ever made.

The worst movies ever made are the ones that used cardboard and wax crayons for their opening credits and came on super8 or 16mm film......if you know what I mean.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Clueless has an 80% on the tomato meter, which is abotu as high as comedies get. I'd say that definitely clears it of being the worst movie ever.
Hey pal, if 90 minutes of shallow and vacuous spoiled rich kids tooling around Beverly Hills can be considered quality entertainment, then more power to ya... :D :D

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Beverly Hills Cop III (Utter waste of celluloid)
Crocodile Dundee III (When A sagging career & desperation goes wrong)
XXX (God Awful)
Daredevil (Holy Disapointment Batman!)
Signs (I still don't get it)
House of Yes (Sucked to high hell)
Blair Witch Project (I think you had to be part of the Mtv generation to actually think this was actually scary & compelling entertainment)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Blair Witch Project (I think you had to be part of the Mtv generation to actually think this was actually scary & compelling entertainment)
What? I figured the people who didn't like were MTV-raised add types who wanted a rock and rap soundtrack and exploding torsos.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
What? I figured the people who didn't like were MTV-raised add types who wanted a rock and rap soundtrack and exploding torsos.
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head, while Daryl couldn't be further from the truth. People from the MTV generation want gore, action, loud music, and to actually see the killer in a film. They can't grasp the fact that the unknown is terrifying as hell. I'm certainly not a member of the MTV generation, and the film is one of my top 10 favorites of all time.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
People from the MTV generation want gore, action, loud music, and to actually see the killer in a film. They can't grasp the fact that the unknown is terrifying as hell.
Stereotypes are fun and easy to use, its too bad they often get used against you as well as by you.

As a member of the MTv generation, I take offense at the marketing majors who assume I enjoy shitty movies, corporate music (especially rap-metal hybrids), cars that put gauges and diplays in the wrong place, dayglow coloured sugar-drinks, and other garbage major corporations try to get me to buy.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Feel the torpid, soporific pain:

MODESTY BLAISE (1966)
DR. GOLDFOOT & THE GIRL BOMBS (1966)
PHANTOM FROM SPACE (1953)
GACY (2003)
DR. TARR'S TORTURE DUNGEON (1972)
THE INCREDIBLE PETRIFIED WORLD (1957)
THE AVENGERS (1998)
SWEET HOME ALABAMA (2002)
THE SHAFT (2001)
BLOOD FEAST (1963)
JUNGLE WOMAN (1944)
IN THE BEDROOM (2001)
DR. TERROR'S GALLERY OF HORRORS (1966)
THE LOVES OF IRINA (1973)
THE LONG RIDE HOME (2003)
WILD WILD WORLD OF BATWOMAN (1966)
THE X FROM OUTER SPACE (1967)
MYRA BRECKINRIDGE (1970)
THE CORE (2003)
RED ZONE CUBA (1966)
FELLINI SATYRICON (1970)
JUST MARRIED (2003)
THE CREEPING TERROR (1964)
LOVE LIZA (2002)

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator
A movie I think is bad is "MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL" starring Mel Gibson. I normally will not shut off a movie -not even one I don't care for like MAGNOLIA- but for MDH I made an exception......an hour was enough. Still, I don't think I could classify even MDH as one of the worst movies ever made.
I like this film. I can't understand why it is so despised.

Blair Witch on the other hand is amateur film student garbage. There is nothing original or creative about that "film". Sadly, it is far from the worst movie I have ever seen.

In fact I've seen so much junk it's hard to choose which is the worst.

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
You hold the broom by... sorry, I meant every film ever made has it's fan, even, and now I'm reaching here a bit, 'Mac and Me' must have at least one fan, anyone? Mac & Me? Me & Mac? M&M? [now pleading] any fans out there of this 80's ET ripoff? Going.. going.. gone! Okay please ignore my sweeping statement
I loved that movie. Of course I was only 6 years old when it came out. But yes you can chalk me up as the Mac and Me Fan.

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
The Hulk was terrible if you ask me....or the 4 people i saw it with...or the many people who were upset as they walked out of the theater...or most of the critics...

I guess I just didn't get the "Artistic" views of the director.

BarryS

Second Unit
Deliverance (yes, this movie sucked big time
even though everyone else thinks it's brilliant.
Perhaps someone can explain how one person's opinion that a movie "sucked big time" qualifies it as worst ever made?

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I find it irritating to hear people equate poor filmmaking with their own personal distaste.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Although I may catch some flack for this, U2 Rattle and Hum is easily the worst film I have EVER forced myself to sit through.

It's even more egomaniacal than The Song Remains The Same.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Really a thread like this is pointless. I was going to post movies listed by others as "worst" that I liked. So I read through the thread and quit counting when I got to 36. It's just too subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

And then some people's entries read like the frickin' movie section of the paper. I think it was supposed to be your worst, or maybe a couple if they are very closely tied for worst, in your own opinion, of course.

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
Since I have seen far too many terrible movies to count, I'll limit my list to the two worst movies I have ever seen in the theater:

Spawn
Highlander 2

Will K

Screenwriter
a bloody handful...

Guru, The Mad Monk (you must see to believe)
Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 & 3(killer hitchhikes in bloody hospital gown with a glass dome on his head)
Bio-Dome
Powder
Patch Adams
Carnival of Souls(remake)
Armageddon
Leprechaun
Phantom Of The Opera(Argento)
Over The Top
Intersection(located at the corner of boring and pretentious)
King Kong Lives
Forrest Gump
Superman IV
Poltergeist III
Curly Sue
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation(no massacre and barely any chainsaws)
There's Something About Mary
Pretty Woman
Psycho ('98)
Sleepless in Seattle
Cobra
Madhouse (Kirstey Alley)
Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
There are three categories of bad movies with me. One, there are movies that are just bad yet are fun in spite of being bad. Then there are incompetently made bad movies that are not fun to watch and then there are despicable movies that may be good from a filmmaking standpoint but are despicable for pushing an idea that is false (the movies of Oliver Stone merit a category all by themself for this group).

I had a chance recently to revisit the early Godzilla films and saw how the first movie (even the American version with Raymond Burr) is a good movie; the next batch through the mid-60s are bad in a fun way while the 1998 Godzilla is largely bad in an unfun way (Maria Patillo should have her license to act revoked for her awful performance)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks