What's new

Worst Movies Ever Made? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hey Scott, you should use "IMO" after every other noun when berating some of the best films ever made! Baby Geniuses changed my life and one day I too will have creepy babies with cgi mouths....HOW DARE YOU DISLIKE THIS FILM!!! t...t...THE BABIES ARE JUST SOOO CUTE!!!!

Cagri

Second Unit
Since this is a HT forum; put it this way. Suppose there's a thread in the Speakers forum titled "Worst Speaker" (maybe there already is a thread like that... ). If someone posts there claiming that B&W Nautilus series are the worst speakers in the world just because he does not like the way they sound, he will probably get some reaction because he won't be making sense.... Disliking a film like 2001 is something I can easily understand as I dislike it as well, but come on, saying that it is the worst film is a bit absurd to say the least...

Maybe the "age old" argument is once again on the table because the title is misunderstood and people post the list of the movies they dislike to the thread titled "worst movies ever made"

Boxing Helena was very good btw ; )

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
See this whole thing is way too subjective. Just from JonZ's post I like:

Mrs Doubtfire
Grease
Pretty Woman
True Lies
Star Wars The Phantom Menace (I own it for the ObiWan/Maul Duel)
Batman,Batman Forever,Batman&Robin
Scary Movie
ET
Primal Fear
Robin Hood:Prince Of Theives
Independence Day
Wizard Of Oz
Top Gun
Cocktail

And I like Armageddon, too!

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I'm not going to make any more posts about my abhorring 2001 anymore because it's possible I may have mixed the two catergories "worst movie ever" and "most detested movie ever" together. The two themes, after all, are seeming to run together after 4 pages. I'm surprised nobody mentioned ANY of the Leprechaun movies. One was on UPN a while ago. Also The Substitute 2 and 3 were poop. I'd mention the first Substitute, but I recently forwent watching the Office just to see the end to this movie, and I'd feel like a hypocrite to badmouth it now. :b

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Movies I hate are:

1. Howard the Duck
2. Specimen
3. I don't know the name of the movie, but it was something I saw on TV a long time ago. Japanese movie where people turn into mushrooms.
4. Space Mutiny (So cheap that they used special effect footage from Battlestar Galactica.
5. Dreamcatcher ( Haven't seen it, but it just sounds stupid)
6. McHale's Navy
7. Car 54 Where are you?
8. Super Mario Brothers
9.Streetfighter
10. Mortal Kombat 1 & 2
11. Space Jam
12. Junior
13. Twins
14. Any giant insect/ spider on the rampage movie (including made for TV movies)

I'll add more when I think of them.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
5. Dreamcatcher ( Haven't seen it, but it just sounds stupid)
:confused:

Re: Benigni's Pinocchio :-

I watched this a few days ago, never in my life have I been embarrassed watching a film in my own home, but this one sure did it. Just awful and like Scott said, its downright creepy.

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
I thought Glitter held this title...course like most, I haven't seen it yet ;)

The Beach WAS pretty bad. It was up there with one of the worst movies I've ever suffered through.

Keir H

Second Unit
Thats right i almost forgot Glitter, horrid....I love Mariah though dont get me wrong...:D

Baby Geniuses was horrid too..:thumbsdown:

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
...anything Bob Clark made besides A Christmas Story. (Yes, I include Porky's.)
You mean you hated Black Christmas????
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

JonathanG

Stunt Coordinator
Of this year, I thought the worst movie I inflicted myself with was "Alex & Emma" - unfunny, tedious and Luke Wilson -leading man material, hah!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Bob Clark has indeed had an eclectic (if more than a little turd-laden) career:

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (1972)
Deathdream (1974)
Black Christmas (1974)
Breaking Point (1976)
Murder By Decree (1979)
Tribute (1980)
Porky's (1982)
Porky's 2: The Next Day (1983)*
A Christmas Story (1983)
Rhinestone (1984)*
Turk 182! (1985)
From the Hip (1987)
Loose Cannons (1990)*
It Runs in the Family (1994)
Baby Geniuses (1999)*

...and of course the upcoming Baby Geniuses 2: Superbabies.

Films marked with an * are truly rotten movies.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I actually did a lengthy thread on Black Christmas here a while back. Search it out if interested.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I liked Murder By Decree, although it does offer perhaps the most implausible Ripper theory I've ever heard (and I'm counting Star Trek episode "A Wolf in the Fold").

Agreed with everyone who hates Kazaam. Shaq's a nice guy and all, but he's one of the worst actors I've ever seen. he seems to even have trouble playing himself on the Nestle Crunch commercials.

Muchael Jordan is also quite bad, but Space Jam doesn't quite make my worst list, though it was pretty bad.

Athletes turned actors aren't always bad, but they seem to have a lower success rate than musicians and even models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks