What's new

Woof-Mania/Sub-Age Overkill Observation! (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"I have an all active system that can reach ear bleeding levels with little audible distortion, but during cretin bass passages my 2-18" Maelstroms still suffer from compression."

There you go, Geoff; want yet more proof or evidences why going the multi-subwoofer route is a very sound (no pun!) proposition (albeit complex and rather costly)? :)

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Riverside, pretty much next door to you."

Sure is! One of these days we'll get together, OK?!... :)

-THTS

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
I'm not speaking to the ones with systems that play & listen at ear bleading levels and need the multi/monster clean woofage to keep up. Thats a give in, and totally uderstandable to be sure your Sub/s output can match or better yet, exceed that kind of listening level...

Rather a/the system that is properly calibrated (as best as ones room acoustics allows) and they listen to it well below Ref as the norm. Room size plays a big factor to reach that listening level of clean bass and some "naturaly are going to need more subage than others". More room area, more system and subage needed for the given listening level..

I have always agreed it's better to have more clean un-compressed Sub headroom than will be needed/used, just to be absolutly sub safe!

I give:

I now am converted back to my old thinking.
I will now be sure to run all 4 of my SVS-based subs while listening at -15 under normaly or less, and consider up-grading just to be sure..;)
I'll have to re-cali and re-eq the subs of course with them all in line, but gaully think of all that headroom I won't use hitting a whole 95 to 100-db plus here and their...!

And to think I was considering selling all but one sub, what was I thinking..

Cheers
Geoff

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"I now am converted back to my old thinking.
I will now be sure to run all 4 of my SVS-based subs while listening at -15 under normaly or less, and consider up-grading just to be sure..
I'll have to re-cali and re-eq the subs of course with them all in line, but gaully think of all that headroom I won't use hitting a whole 95 to 100-db plus here and their...!

And to think I was considering selling all but one sub, what was I thinking.."

Ah!...you've finally seen the light; welcome back to the fold, my son!... :D :laugh:

-THTS

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Ah!...you've finally seen the light; welcome back to the fold, my son!...
__________________________________________________ _______

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought you said one of those subs were ear-marked for me Geoff. You ------giver.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks