What's new

Will PS2 ever get a mouse... (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I love FPS games but the PS2 is a pain in the ass to control that type of game. I hate turning with the second analog stick (I hate the analog sticks altogether) and I thought I heard that a mouse would eventually be released. Does anyone know if that is true?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They don't need to release one. Some games support a USB mouse and even a keyboard!
I'm surprised you didn't know.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
So, I can just go buy a regular mouse (for a computer) and use it on my PS2? I would think that there would be compatibility issues.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The game must support it but, yes, you can just plug in a USB mouse and keyboard. Unreal Tournament supports that control set-up and more games (IMO) should.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There aren't compatibility issues with computers, so why would there be on the PS2? Just make sure its a USB mouse and keyboard.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
You've obviously never used a Via chipset!
wink.gif

Bill Arthur

Auditioning
i don't know how true it is, but when my store got in the GT Force Wheels that shipped when GT3 came out, i read somewhere (i'd put a link, but i forget, so i may be wrong)that with MS making their own console (xbox), Sony decided to not allow MS mice to work with the PS2. Apparently Logitech and sony worked out some sort of aggrement about USb, so my advice would be to get a Logitech mouse, and it should work....
bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks