What's new

Wildly Inappropriate Christmas Movies! (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by dmiller68

The Long Kiss Goodnight, Die Hard (already mentioned)

I don't remember the Long Kiss Goodnight being set around Christmas. I just picked up the Blu-ray so I guess its time to watch it again. My wife and I have already decided we are going to watch Die Hard 1&2 this Christmas season. While tamer than most on this thread, Christmas Vacation is always good for some inappropriate humor.

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.
It is rarely if ever pointed out that Psycho (1960) is the closest thing to an Alfred Hitchcock Christmas movie and it was probably the first Christmastime slasher movie. After the opening credits, the graphic, “PHOENIX, ARIZONA…FRIDAY, DECEMBER THE ELEVENTH…TWO FORTY-THREE P.M.” appears over the shots of the Phoenix skyline. Sharp eyes will notice the street Marion Crane is driving on to exit Phoenix with the loot is festooned with Christmas decorations. It appears the entire action in the story takes place in the two weeks prior to Christmas with the final scene in the movie, the psychiatrist's explanation, probably landing on the afternoon of the 21st or 22nd of December at the earliest and possibly even the afternoon of Christmas Eve at the latest, although no mention is made of it. It is perfectly seasonally appropriate. But it is not exactly the movie most people would think to pull off the shelf for a festive Christmas Eve viewing with the family, which makes it a wildly inappropriate Christmas move.

adklz

Agent
Real Name
jim
"The Ref" directed by Ted Demme, starring Denis Leary, Judy Davis, Kevin Spacey, Glynis Johns and Christine Baranski. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It's about a Christmas Eve burglary that goes wrong when the thief becomes involved with the world's most dysfunctional family.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Trapped in Paradise Nicolas Cage, Jon Lovitz, and Dana Carvey in a Christmas Eve bank heist. Crummy. The Ice Harvest and The Sure Thing, both John Cusack vehicles. Ice Harvest, another Christmas Eve robbery, fair to mildly entertaining, and The Sure Thing which takes place during College Winter/Christmas break, is outstanding.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Actually, this brings to mind another Christmas.. type movie.. "The Ice Storm" Great performances in a little film about a suburban family, swingers, first sexual experiences and.. death by electrocution. All in good fun. And one hell of a Christmas/Swingers party in there. It's a really great work by Ang Lee.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
She's supposed to be Mrs. Christmas at the beginning when her memory comes flooding back. That's a good light romp of an action film. Not always great, but Geena Davis as an action star... yeah

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I don't remember the Long Kiss Goodnight being set around Christmas. I just picked up the Blu-ray so I guess its time to watch it again. My wife and I have already decided we are going to watch Die Hard 1&2 this Christmas season. While tamer than most on this thread, Christmas Vacation is always good for some inappropriate humor.

/t/306682/wildly-inappropriate-christmas-movies#post_3872623

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
How about the Black Adder Christmas special? Now that is hillarious as the "anti Christmas Carol? Where a "good" Scrooge finds out he's been taken advantage of by everyone (after three visits by some supernatural visitors) and decides to turn evil afterwards? Had me laughing. James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks