What's new

WHV Announcement: The Best Years of Our Lives (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
1000320220BRDFLT.JPG

Best Years of Our Lives, The (BD) [SIZE= 11px]Blu-Ray | Original | Blue BD Case[/SIZE] Release Status: NEW RELEASE Studio: Warner Bros. Street Date: 11/5/13 Theatrical Release: 11/21/46 Order Date: 10/1/13 Theatrical Box Office (M): $23.65 Announce Date: 7/10/13 Pre-Sell Date: 7/10/13 Rating: NR Synopsis: This Academy Award(R)-winning masterpiece recounts the problems faced by three returning veterans after WWII as they attempt to pick up the threads of their lives. Fredric March, Harold Russell and Dana Andrews are superb as the servicemen who Year: 1946 Director: William Wyler Starring: Fredric March, Myrna Loy, Dana Andrews Director: William Wyler Actors: Fredric March, Dana Andrews, Myrna Loy Copyright Info: © 1946 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Outstanding news! Such a great movie, can't wait to see this in a new HD form after the weak DVD releases.

Mark VH

Second Unit
One of my very favorite films. Hope WB can pull some good extras together, as the film certainly warrants the treatment and to date hasn't gotten it. Cover art looks like a repackage of their already-released (and bare-bones) DVD, which gives me pause. A digibook would be awesome, but I'd settle for a good transfer and some solid extras.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Between this announcement, the simultaneous release of the Goldwyn classic "The Bishop's Wife" and confirmation of a 30th Anniversary blu-ray release of "The Right Stuff" and the James Dean trilogy box set for 2013's 4th quarter, the naysayers can't exactly say Warner's neglecting the release of genuinely new catalog upgrades for blu-ray anymore!!! I'm in for all of these titles when they arrive!!!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Yes! Any more Goldwyn blu-rays? Pride of the Yankees and Wuthering Heights seem like the best contenders given their recent DVD reissue. The former's, what, 5th time?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I am SO clicking that pre-order link as soon as it gets added to this thread!

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
rsmithjr said:
One of the best movies ever made, a film I have watched many times and felt more strongly about with each viewing.

Remarkably prescient, humane, loving movie.

I still think that those people must still be living their lives someplace in the time/space continuum.
I agree completely. Each time I watch this movie it just seems better. A magnificent collaboration.

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with all of the posts.
This is as good as cinema gets.
But why is the cover art in color?
It's a B&W film.
No matter, a pre-pre-pre-order!

I'm not saying it's the best movie ever made but I know of none better

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
It may have won Best Picture of 1946, but it did so at the expense of It's A Wonderful Life...which is my choice for best picture of that year, or any year.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
how did this not rate a digibook? that is the only thing I am thinking, and cant wait as stated earlier in the thread this is a pre-pre- order. :D

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
dana martin said:
how did this not rate a digibook? that is the only thing I am thinking, and cant wait as stated earlier in the thread this is a pre-pre- order. :D
Personally I'm glad they didn't go digibook. I don't understand why some Warner releases like Meet Me in St. Louis are stuck forever at deluxe packaging prices while others like Singin' in the Rain are released immediately at bargain prices. If they want to do a digibook and charge $40 for it, fine but release a single disc version in a cardboard sleeve for $19.99 at the same time. That's all I ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks