What's new

Who has something to say - Emotiva LPA-1 (1 Viewer)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor

It has been my experience that amps that knock my socks off get old real fast. . .I've bought several over the years that blew me away in the showroom and at home in the beginning . . . However it didn't take long before they started driving me crazy. . . As with speakers often the one that stands out at first gets tiring to listen to.

I personally like amps that are unassuming, nuetral to laid back for marathon listening sessions. . .

Of course the amp is in your house not mine. . . I'm anxious to hear more as time goes on. . .

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator

I plan on listening alot more before I make any decisions but I expect it has found a new home. I don't know about break-in on an amp but if its true, I think this one may improve over time. It is not at all hard to listen to now. Once again if you pour a little juice to it, it seems to put out more "refined" sound than the Denon did.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Its only been 3 days since you posted last. . .but it seems like weeks. . . .

Any new news???

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry it was a very busy weekend and only got limited listening done this weekend - I still feel the same way about this amp - small difference at low volumes and bigger at higher volumes - clear and distinct thru my Klipsch speakers.

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator
Well I got some time tonight to watch "The Matador" and there is no question in my mind that this new amp has improved the dynamic range of my system. Went on and listened to some old-time country - Ferlin Husky and Hawkshaw Hawkins - new amp has improved the way these old CDs sound also - followed up with some Gram Parsons - all very nice with a pleasant subtle touch. This amp will not tire your ears out.....

Adam Stoltz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Stoltz
Ron, have you noticed the UL with your Klipsch to make the speakers a bit brighter, more nuetral, smoother....etc. Of an owner of Klipsch I know that they can be pretty forward, I was curious if the UL tends to tame them down a little? Glad to hear you are enjoying the new purchase.

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator
They were pretty neutral w/ my Denon and they are still neutral w/ the LPA-1. Can't say they are more neutral but smoother and clearer is close.

Doug_

Stunt Coordinator
The LPA-1 is a great match for Klipsch speakers. I thought my Klipsch speakers were smoother with the LPA-1 than the many other amps I have used in the past. The LPA-1 doesn't leave anything out, it is just warmer than other amps I have used.

Doug_

Stunt Coordinator
I have used the Boston Acoustics A7200, Carver A705x, Outlaw 755, Rotel (their older THX 5-channel model - don't remember the model number), Marantz MA500 monoblocks, Emotiva LPA-1, and now finally the Emotiva MPS-1.

I use the Anthem AVM30 for my pre/pro and could not be happier with the unit.

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
Resurecting this thread from the dead.

Any updated opinions from those that have posted or thoughts from new users?

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I'm thinking of getting an LPA-1 paired with a Yammy RXV 663 as pre/pro. My only concern is that the former is not a true 7 channel amp. I do movies more than music so..would the split back channel at 50w be drawback or would I even notice the difference?

The MPS-1 would be better but at more than 3 times the price....I don't think I can swing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks