1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by FrederickH, Apr 2, 2003.

1. FrederickH

FrederickH Auditioning

I recently upgraded my KEF Q speakers to the some KEF Reference 201s/202c and will at some point in time add the 203s or 205s. Currently, I have a Denon 3802 and would to continue to use it as a pre-amp, but want to upgrade the amp side. I think my budget would be about $5,000.

Anyone have good recommendations for amps in this range that will mate well with these speakers?

I look forward to your advices.

Fred [​IMG]

2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Proceed AMP 5 cant be beat at that price range. Its very close to Mark Levinson sound for considerably less. If you can find one used for < 3K then go for it without a second thought. My second choice in that range would be a Theta Intrepid. Thats another winner. Also did you consider going to a separates system for that price. Rotel, B&K, Outlaw all make components that will fit well in that price range.

Best of luck.

3. RayJK

RayJK Stunt Coordinator

Parasound 2205 and then use the extra $3,000 you saved to buy more DVDs.

4. Lee-M

Lee-M Stunt Coordinator

McCormack HT5... $3500 new, around $2700 reconditioned.

McCormack is one of the best-sounding solid-state amps you can buy. I nearly cried the first time I heard some of my favorites through a McCormack.

5. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

Well how about a Theta Digital Intrepid $3500 or a Bel Canto eVo6 $4900.