What's new

When is Whos the boss 2nd season coming out on DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
It irritates me that there's no word of any more WTB releases. I mean Diff'rent Strokes supposedly didn't sell well, but yet it's getting a second release, where's the WTB love? :thumbsdown:

There's going to be a Who's the Boss? E! True Hollywood Story that's brand new on Christmas (at 8pm) that would make a great future extra if we got anymore seasons(if Sony could get the rights to it)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I'd actually recommend everyone purchasing Strokes season 2 who has the least bit interest in the show, I think the higher sales are for that, Sony will figure that WTB is worth a second chance, alongside other shows that Sony has kept in limbo as well as Silver Spoons, The Facts Of Life and other era-shows that Sony has been taking their time on.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping with the recent release of the Second season Diff'rent Strokes and Party of Five, which were both released not long after the first Season of WTB?, we would finally see a Second Season!! Lets keep pur fingers crossed. I know I wont give up hope!

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted to share a review of Who's The Boss I finally got to write for another site. My reason for sharing is that I contacted SPHE, no response, and I mention the situation with the first release and the need for follow up releases, so hopefully with more press, comes more attention.

I don't recall many (if any) reviews of the release back when it came out, and this probably contributed to the "no one cares let's stop making them" idea.

Thanks!

http://www.eyecravedvd.com/dvd/dvdReview.php?dvdID=879

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I think the show debuting on Nick at Nite like a week after the DVD came out probably didn't helps sales either :frowning:

Great review :):emoji_thumbsup:

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I agree, great review! I think another problem besides what Angela said is that there was virtually no publicity. I understand that a 20-year-old sitcom likely won't have many advertising dollars, but there was literally nothing.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I dunno.. Fresh Prince, Roseanne and Full House all came out to DVD after N@N and yet they've all sold relatively well, if anything, Nick should've helped boosted DVD sales

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Yeah and those are the three highest rated shows on N@N too. WTB doesn't do that well on N@N which is why they shoved it to 4:30 am.

I agree that lack of promotion was alot of it. I know of some people who are fans of the show that had no idea it was coming out on DVD.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Sony usually really sucks at DVD promotion. Hopefully if Sony decides to give the show a second chance, maybe Tony should do a good job at pushing the DVD on his talk show. I notice Taxi came out on DVD around the time his talk show started, has he ever promoted those DVD's on his show? because they've done fairly well

Two "older" (same era as WTB) shows that have done well on DVD are Golden Girls and Cheers, but Betty White actually promoted Golden Girls season 2 on Ellen's show, and so did Ted Danson with one of the Cheers sets... going out on a talk show and casually mentioning "season 1 of Who's The Boss is out in stores now" is a nice way of arousing new interest.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Tony does push the DVD. Everytime one of the cast members of Who's the Boss? was on his show he gave out a copy to the whole audience. Plus back in November was the Who's The Boss? Reunion on Tony's show, which *I* in the audience and again he gave out copies to everyone. (I have two copies now!) I'm not giving up because I don't think it's right for them to release one Season and forget about the others, but I guess that's SONY for you huh?

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
The Nanny is seeing a second season release...it really sold that much better than WTB?, I guess? Don't get me wrong, I like The Nanny, it just seems strange that Sony is releasing a second season of it with no word of WTB?, especially since I believe that WTB? somewhat inspired The Nanny.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, The Nanny has been extremely successful on Lifetime, almost as popular as Golden Girls, so the fact that people are buying it on DVD doesn't surprise me one bit.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It has nothing to do with what's right or not. When one season sells well enough the next season will often follow. Low sales means no future releases. That's business.

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't say that it wasn't "right," just that I was surprised that Sony was releasing the second season of The Nanny so quickly, especially considering their track record with shows that aren't Seinfeld. I was also surprised that the sales numbers could vary so differently, since both shows attract similar audiences.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

well, like I said... The Nanny is a huge hit on Lifetime, Who's The Boss never fared too great on Nick At Nite

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I don't know why WTB isn't doing well in any case. It was one of the most fun sitcoms of the '80's. I've been waiting for seasons 2-8.
Sony is very unpredictable..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks