What's new

When is Whos the boss 2nd season coming out on DVD??? (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit
I hope season 2 of Who's The Boss? is released as well. This is a rare "wait till S2 is officially announced before buying S1" situation for me...

I thought $35 (the stores in my area) was a bit pricey for WTB?: S1, especially considering that there aren't any real extras on the set. I paid $22 for Diff'rent Strokes: S1 (which has commentaries and featurettes, mind you) and $25 for the first two seasons of Married...with Children. They're all Sony titles, BTW...

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I only paid 31$ for my set, some people got theirs cheaper, it really depends where you buy it from(I got mine at Target) :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

yeah, but i'm sure all this, and their continuing propagation of MAR transfers will all come to a screeching halt when they start putting things out on Blu-ray ;).

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

It'll come to an end when copyright reform and compulsive licensing pass, so shithead corporations like Sony won't be able to continue to function as a monopoly, and to degrade and undermine culture.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I am completely enraged!! What is up with SONY man?!
It has been OVER a year since the release of the first Season. What are they waiting for? They cannot just release one and leave us hanging that way, it's just plain wrong.
Ok, so I have all the episodes on tape already but it's just not the same! Tapes suck and wear out easily especially if you watch them all the time.

What can we do to make it happen? Does anyone have any ideas?

Ok, I'm done venting now. :)

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

Sony has no intention whatsoever of fulfilling your reasonable expectations. That means that until the rights to shows like these are taken away from companies like Sony, you WON'T see a release of the following seasons.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

I too have been waiting for S2 of WTB. Since I've been a member of this forum I've deduced by the posts that Sony's not a favorite Co of this group. Is there track record that poor (as far as releasing S1 of a series and not releasing subaequent seasons)?

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
We'll probably see WTB season 2 about the time DVDs start to go out of style :angry: :thumbsdown:

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
You think if we hound them enough with emails they might get the point? I know MANY people who send them emails daily, lets hope it helps.

What I don't get is that TAXI (another one of my favorite shows) is 307th of the wanted DVDs on TVShowsDVD.com and has 2 Seasons out and 1 on the way, when Who's the Boss? is 144th and only has one Season.

I guess that's SONY for you huh?

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The difference is that Taxi is owned by Paramount, and Sony is the most illogical of the studios in releasing DVDs.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
True, but it stinks. Sony stinks!
Why are they being like that? Releasing just the One Season is just plain WRONG! :angry:

I know someone that sent them and email asking for it and they got a reply saying, probably this year but no date was set as of yet...I'm not to sure what to think about that but the email was diffrent then the ones we usually get telling us, "Thank you for your comments..." blah blah blah!

Matt Man

Agent
as I have stated in past threads, The best way to get any company to start releasing seasons of Past shows on DVD's is viewership on re-runs. These companies cannot resist it when a show is getting decent ratings in re-runs, just like how Family Guy on the cartoon network showed FOX it was time to get it out on DVD

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

personally, I am happy Taxi's coming out faster. Unlike WTB, Taxi doesn't currently air widely on reruns, Boss has Nick At Nite. Plus, Taxi is such a classic show, while I enjoy the occasional Who's The Boss rerun, there's nothing like Louie, Latka or Rev. Jim on that show. If anything, they're not coming out fast enough (considering season 3 was originally set for May and season 4 in August, and we're getting season 3 in September instead)

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Matt Man: I wish I could watch it on N@N to help boost the ratings, but here in Canada, we don't have that channel. We used to be able to watch it on Prime but they took it off the air a while back.

Sony should release more than one season at once, like Seinfeld. I might be expensive but I would pay for it.

Jay_B!: Oh! Don't get me wrong I absolutely love TAXI and I can't wait for Season Three, but Who's The Boss? is by far my all-time favourite show. (Huge fan of Tony Danza if you haden't noticed lol)

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
I know it's only two months later - but anymore updates? 2005 was supposedly going to see another season release, but the release dates for the end of the year are coming through and not much. Sony even has a new poll up for DVD release, and WTB is not up there - I can't imagine it was abandoned entirely, so maybe that means that it is a definite?

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
Okay I am replying to myself here, but it's almost a year after they said "Next year" and no word - any one getting any rumors from anywhere?

WHY SONY WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It's true about 227. There are about 3 episodes that should be in a certain order but aren't. They concern the original owner of the building and how tenant Rose later ends up as owner. These episodes are not only not in order but are on separate discs. Part of the problem is that one of the regular episodes of the series seems to take place before the events of the pilot. How's that for confusing ?

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
I wrote SPHE today, we shall see what they say.

I think it's a shame that a show could be dropped before it gets to its best seasons. Also, how does a company expect to release a bare bones, no features, poor quality set, and gauge how well that sells to release more. It's a terrible catch-22.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks