What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (11 Viewers)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Looks like I'm in a minor Hanna-Barbera groove right now; thanks to a DVD sale via a clearance bookseller, I scored Josie and the Pussycats: Complete Series for about six bucks.

Also, Amazon discounted Rifftrax: May the Shorts Be with You (2013) a bit, so I ordered that, as well.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The Gumby Show 1950s ...With Gumby figure :D ! ( I figure there won't be a bluray release)

gumby-50s-dvd-bendable.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Earlier at the Wal-Mart in Simpsonville: the first release of Emergency! (1972-77 NBC adventure series w/Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe); what makes this special is that it was shown as being double-sided on the back cover, except that when I opened it, by gum and by ginger, there were four single-sided discs, and not the two doubles it originally had! That made my day by a longshot.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The Brady Kids Animated Series (DVD):
My wife informs me that this set came in a red DVD case. Also had to jump for this one as Amazon showed only 1 remaining in stock and the price had fallen to $17.00. Almost immediately after my purchase, the stock was replenished and the price jumped to $22.99.
Actually just noticed that it won't be back in stock until July 15th but orders are being taken.

BradyKids_DVD.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
My Little Margie - Collection 3 ("complete" as far as what's available)
The Carol Burnett Show - The Lost Episodes w/bonus disc
The Loner - Complete series (some of you talked about it so much you sucked me in - a blind buy)
Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (aka Two Guys and a Girl) - Complete series
Last of the Summer Wine - Vintage 2005

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
My Little Margie - Collection 3 ("complete" as far as what's available)
The Carol Burnett Show - The Lost Episodes w/bonus disc
The Loner - Complete series (some of you talked about it so much you sucked me in - a blind buy)
Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (aka Two Guys and a Girl) - Complete series
Last of the Summer Wine - Vintage 2005
It'd be nice if VCI released some more My Little Margie , I married Joan and Waterfront .

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Lou and B-Roll, Gumby the 60's part 2 is coming out soon! got bot with the action figures the first time, living childhood all over again, tonight i picked this up at Walmart for $12.00

upload_2016-7-15_0-54-13.png

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Wow, love that cover art for Death Valley Days season 2...thanks for sharing that Dana...I wonder if that artwork is something original to the show and it's original owner the Borax company?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Randall, that cover is a Frank McCarthy painting of John Wayne, as Hondo. It was sold as collector art prints and used on McCarthy calendars and also maybe paperback reprints of Hondo. The title of the painting is called "Under Attack". I wonder if Shout/Timeless actually licensed it? They could get sued.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
it's listed on the back, so they got the rights to use it, even mentions the website, i remember during the show, latter episodes, that they would show pictures on the wall, and launch the story from that perspective. If this means that shout is going to get the clearances, we might get to see some great ,Remington artwork, No extras or bonus features, but this is a great presentation, it's 1953 and this looks like it is straight from OCN, and clean not a speck of dust. it reminds me of the Twilight Zone DVD presentations.

Read this http://cinelicious.tv/news/post-magazine-death-valley-days

great work

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
That article is a great find, Dana. I always suspected that original sponsors had copies of the shows they sponsored deep in their vaults.

Coming late in the DVD craze, now that restorations can be done better and more economically, Death Valley Days fans have really been lucky that Borax has committed to restoring the whole series.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Death Valley Days - S2
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Complete Series
Leave it to Beaver - S6 (another completed)
The Carol Burnett Show - Treasures from the Vault (6 disc version)
Community - S6 (another completed)
The Rebel - Complete Series
I Love Lucy - Complete Series (a copy for my grandson who loves the show)
Star Trek: TOS - Complete Series (DVD w/remastered fx - a backup copy)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Pippi Longstocking TV series. 1969
Got the movie collection on blu ray as well. (and 5000 Fingers of Dr. T on blu for that matters!!! lol)

Huge fan of old kid's stuff. These Pippis are outstanding Swedish productions. The locations are worth watching alone, can't wait. I read they PC'd them though. "glad" they did that since I can't make a judgement by myself. :p

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Lou and B-Roll, Gumby the 60's part 2 is coming out soon! got bot with the action figures the first time, living childhood all over again, tonight i picked this up at Walmart for $12.00

View attachment 32645
Any "figure " this time to compliment Gumby and Pokey ? A 1950's styled Blockhead would be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks