What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (7 Viewers)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Radioman970 said:
Hi James!

I'd be watching for over compression on these as 65 Episodes on 6 DVD's works out to between 10 - 11 Shows per DVD, which likely straddles or exceeds the 240 minute capacity that's considered acceptable for Dual Layered DVD Discs! In my opinion, individual DVD's should NEVER contain more than eight 23-25 minute Episodes. Quite frankly, I fail to understand Millcreek Entertainment's apparent obsession with cramming their DVD's beyond the limit, as seems to be their habit, these days!

That having been said, with the $15.98 Sales Price Tag, it may still be worthwhile for WHAT'S HAPPENING!! fans? As for myself, I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality release!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Tony Bensley said:
Hi James!

I'd be watching for over compression on these as 65 Episodes on 6 DVD's works out to between 10 - 11 Shows per DVD, which likely straddles or exceeds the 240 minute capacity that's considered acceptable for Dual Layered DVD Discs! In my opinion, individual DVD's should NEVER contain more than eight 23-25 minute Episodes. Quite frankly, I fail to understand Millcreek Entertainment's apparent obsession with cramming their DVD's beyond the limit, as seems to be their habit, these days!

That having been said, with the $15.98 Sales Price Tag, it may still be worthwhile for WHAT'S HAPPENING!! fans? As for myself, I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality release!

Tony
Tony Bensley said:
Hi James!

Tony

Luckily I have the original releases and they are very good. MC is just wasting their good fortune with this. Raise the price and give more dvds! I bought That 70s Show and it's jerky. I bought a 2 movie set and those were jerky and a waste of time. Although this cheap 50 episode set of old black and white game shows from MC I have all run fantastical ! MC is crazy.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Tony Bensley said:
Hi James!

Tony
Mill Creek's not the only one who has crammed their discs full. If I remember correctly, Image did much the same thing with I Spy (1965-68 NBC adventure series with Bill Cosby and Robert Culp). I rented out a disc of the first release from Netflix a time back, and there were 6 episodes on it. 6 episodes is a bit much, IMO, for a disc of an hour series (usually there are 4 on such a disc, and sometimes 5); fortunately, Shout! and Timeless listened, and for their full-series I Spy release, the number of episodes per disc was reduced to 5. Still, I could not understand why the need for 6 episodes per disc on the Image releases (oddly enough, in the releases marked "Box Set #1," "Box Set #2," and "Box Set #3," there were only 4 episodes per disc).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
In honor of the Woman's USA Little (Stinker) of the (20th) Century, Shirley Temple CLS-SL (Deceased) I've relieved Deep Discount of seasons eight and nine of THE FBI. :biggrin:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Radioman970 said:
I always thought Imagine was good. :(

Another release was Invisible Man the TV series that got crammed on one blu ray I think. Just nuts.
How did they get all of that series onto one Blu?! And you're right, that is nuts.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
when I was young we had a fish tank with some of those transparent fishies in it. somebody turned the heater up too high and we could suddenly see the fishies better. :( (fried fishies) maybe that would work better for the Invisible Man discs. heat em up!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Radioman970 said:

Another release was Invisible Man the TV series that got crammed on one blu ray I think. Just nuts.

Just try doing that with David McCallum's current NCIS (12 Seasons and counting!) Series! ;)

Now, wouldn't that be just "Ducky?" :D

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Radioman970 said:

It occurs to me that THE INVISIBLE MAN Episodes might have been digitally scanned in SD (YEECH!) instead, which would allow for a maximum 13 Hour Capacity on Blu-Ray.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
I don't buy DVD's anymore, only BD's but when I found Family Guy Volumes 4, 5 & 6 for only $3.99 each on DVD, brand new and factory sealed, it was a no brainer. While it's not BD, at least now I can enjoy them in all their uncensored glory for a really cheap price, worth it to me!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Tony Bensley said:
It occurs to me that THE INVISIBLE MAN Episodes might have been digitally scanned in SD (YEECH!) instead, which would allow for a maximum 13 Hour Capacity on Blu-Ray.

When that thing is swimming around in walmarties disc fish tank bargain box I'll probably get it then. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks