What's new

What has happened to people? (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Let's back off the personal observations in this thread, please. This is a general suggestion not directed at anyone in particular, but I hope it will be considered by all. Thanks!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Shad R He stated his opinion of a movie in clear terms, but he wasn't hateful.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I don't know about anyone else, but for me it boils down to my mood at the given moment. I have honestly felt the same as almost every single poster at one point in time or another.

Also, many (not all I stress....but many) of these posts in question are a "gut reaction" to a film. A good personal example would be the film Freddy vs. Jason. When I first saw the film, I was hoping for a passable plot, some mindless sex and violence, and a hopefully memorable confrontation. On that level, I felt the film delivered and I defended it to the "haters." Upon a few repeat viewings, I find myself not nearly as praising....and even saddened at things that could have been handled better. Of course, this isn't always the case, but it happens to me somewhat often....and both ways. An opposite reaction would be Quarantine. After the end (which pissed me off to no end only because the actual ending......the capper......the holy shit moment.....was shown prominently in almost every damn commercial) I was so angry. After another viewing, I appreciated it much more. Neither of these films are great or shit (at least to me) but I found myself way too far in one corner or another after my initial viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks