What's new

What do you think (or want) to be the next movie in the WB new 2- disc SEs. (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, many of my choices have already been said, but what the heck:

The Shawshank Redemption, Batman, Casablanca, Gone With the Wind.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Yankee Doodle Dandy
King Kong
Mutiny on the Bounty (original)
A Streetcar Named Desire
Robin Hood
Top Hat
The Wind
Giant
The Magnificent Ambersons

BrentJ

Second Unit
Heat! I can't believe this movie isn't already being worked on for a SE. I think it's on everyone's list.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Goodfellas, A Color Purple, Batman, Giant, Top Hat, King Kong, Swing Time, and An American In Paris are all being worked on. It's been said Goodfellas and A Color Purple will be 2-disc editions, with Batman and Giant being very likely to be ones when they come out as well. Top Hat, King Kong, Swing Time, and An American In Paris probably could not fill up 2-discs worth of stuff, unless Top Hat and Swing Time came packaged together. I'd expect a lot of mentioned titles in the form of 1-disc SE's mainly because there probably isn't enough to warrant a 2-discer.

As for my picks...

Around the World in Eighty Days (DVD-18 and DVD-9...have the Todd-AO 30fps and 24fps versions on a DVD-18. Put the HUGE libary of supplements in the Library of Congress archive on a DVD-9.)

Greed (3 layers for reconstructed version, with released version also there via seamless branching, along with Carl Davis score. Have the 4th layer be for extras like a photo gallery, the segment of "Hollywood" about Erich Von Stroheim, and perhaps a commentary for the film

Gone With The Wind (I think this could very well make a 3-disc edition. The movie should take up 4 layers, also include making-of documentary, newly discovered footage found not too long ago, and any other supplements. I'd expect this to be a 2004 special edition with the WORKS. GWTW is the highest grossing film of all time, so I bet WB can do whatever they want for the SE.) The current DVD looks awful. Nearly FOUR hours of video stuffed on a DVD-10...

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
The Shawshank Redemption
Risky Business
The Road Warrior
Blade Runner
The Right Stuff
Heat
Goodfellas
The Time Machine (1960)
Logan's Run

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks