What's new

What color pillows go with a black leather couch? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm trying to figure out what color pillows go with a standard black leather couch. Indigo/Dark Blue? Purple/Plum? Leopord skin is a minus ;) and I'm trying to avoid white. Thanks!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Black is a neutral color so I would try to contrast the pillows with something else in the room like carpeting or drapes. If the rest of the room uses basic colors like tan and white I would use something bold for the pillows like red or green.

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Try yellow. I have a blue leather couch with two yellow pillows in my room and I really like the look of it.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Well, the drapes and carpet are both tan.... I was thinking of plum.

Oliver: Canary yellow, gold, or something else?

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I asked the wife to answer this one for you. She's an interior designer. Any color will go with the couch because it's black, but try to pick a color that is also in the room where the couch is located. For instance, if your room has some burgandy accents, choose that color or one that will complement it.

Hope this helps........

Don Black

Screenwriter
Thanks guys!

Kevin: What would your wife recommend for tan carpetting and tan drapes (black leather couch)? Thanks!

Len Cheong

Second Unit
If the walls are white but you are planning to paint them, go with the colour you will be painting them with. Since the drapes and carpet are tan, they are neutral so they don't matter that much.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Serious? Mustard yellow, tan, off white, brick red, pretty much any brown can be considered earth, I think, any non-primary blue... anything that Goldie Hawn would wear, basically. :laugh:
Me? I'd go for primary yellow... GO STEELERS! ;)
Actually, the earth tones do appeal to me, heavily leaning to yellows or tans... and a deep azure blue would be jazzy as hell.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
First and foremost, your asking a bunch of guys about what colors go together! Second, take into consideration the opinion of the few females we have here... they'll know.

And now for my guy response on color coordination:

Top 5 Colors To Go With A Black Couch (aka Davenport [who says that? Oh wait, my grandma does]) In order of preference:

1. Neon Brown

2. Torquoise

3. White with pink dots

4. Orange (for halloween)

5. Black (because you can never have enough black)

what's a couch?

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one that watches Christopher Lowell...
Give me the couch,get your self one in neutral colors,no pattern but mabey a nice texture.Then Get a good pattern pillow,floral would be nice.
Of course,you could match the pillow to the curitans,hell,just get new curitans.Better yet,get out the sewing machine,get tons of fabric and make matching curitans and pillows.Then,get some fabric paint,paint the carpet and Viola!!
Of course,you will need to make some sort of cover for your tv,speakers and electronic gear,I would reccomend a large folding screen for the tv.Place your speakers at different heights,placed in a cluster and cover them with a nice throw and put a candle on each different height.
Now you will need.....what the hell am I thinking..can I have the couch or not:D

Don Black

Screenwriter
My pimpin' couch? No way! :) Seriously though, my friends all tease me about having a black leather couch. I think it's pretty standard. They seem to think it's "slick".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks