What's new

What are you listening to right now? (4 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
IMG_0244.JPG

New 180g pressing of The Beatles - Rubber Soul

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Same Trailer, Different Park- Kacey Musgraves album which lives up to the achingly melancholy lead-off single which first interested me, "Merry-Go Round," a tale of Americana with a darker edge than the usual "small towns rule" shtick from lots of pop-country. She's been compared to a younger version of some country legends, and while its a stretch, she has a nice sense of edge which makes her stand out. She's not a great singer or dynamic performer, and the production is clean if unremarkable, but the songwriting is refreshingly frank. Musgraves tiptoes around topics like homosexuality, existisitential malaise, smoking weed, and even (Gasp!) casual sex with tactful frankness with is fairly surprising for a someone with such a mainstream bent. Some blues-tinged stuff, a little bit of folksy charm, some slightly overproduced pop, and some nicely sparse country. First mainstream album I've bought in a long time, and damn, damn good.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Dave,I only like five of the bands you listed (#1563) above. :)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Back up and running and the old Sure V cartridge has been replaced with a Sumiko Pearl and all the connecting wires are repaired. So I listed to my 180 gram pressing of Dark Side Of The Moon.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Peter Sarstedt, The Best of Peter Sarstedt, April Stevens' Teach Me Tiger!, and Sinatra's The World We Knew, on my Bose.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Michael Jackson Thriller (1982) SACD Have not played this disc in years but it looks like it has developed audio drop outs in multiple audio tracks. First time it happened in track three I skipped back and it happend in the same place and twice more on a different song. Pulled the disc from the player and inspected it and cleaned it and same result! Anyone else had issues with there SACD developing issues years later?
Rolling Stones Emotional Rescue (1980) Collectors Edition CD
​Rolling Stones Tattoo You (1981) CD

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Lita Ford Out For Blood Vinyl
Journey Infinity Vinyl
Billy Joel 52nd Street Vinyl
Michael Jackson Thriller Half Speed Master Vinyl (Did not finish album as turntable is back to having speed variation issues so off the album went!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks