What's new

What Abbott & Costello Universal films would you like to see next on Blu-ray? (2 Viewers)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
There are really only 3 Universal A&C movies I would absolutely love to see find their way to hi-def: Hold That Ghost, The Time of Their Lives and Who Done It? Also, Rio Rita - but this is a Warner Archive, not Universal title. Oh, and I suppose 'Meet the Mummy' but not as much as the others already listed.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
It would be relatively easy, they've had HD masters on them for years.

Although, the two widescreen titles (Keystone Kops - 2.1 and Meet the Mummy - 1.85) are open-matte full frame.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Widescreen copies on those two films would make me instantly rebuy them on blu ray or DVD.

Bob Furmanek said:
It would be relatively easy, they've had HD masters on them for years.

Although, the two widescreen titles (Keystone Kops - 2.1 and Meet the Mummy - 1.85) are open-matte full frame.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
That was the title of the LD of "Abbott and Costello Meet the Monsters" from years ago. It included "Frankenstein, The Mummy, Jekyll and Hyde and The Invisible Man."

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Only if Meet the Mummy was OAR which Universal seems to be vey reluctant to do with at least half of their 50's genre pictures. I would still prefer all their 1941-1945 out put on blu first.

Keith Cobby said:
I see that Universal are putting out A & C Meet the Monsters Collection on DVD in September. This would make a great blu-ray set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks