What's new

Weird Science release date changed to "TBA"?? (1 Viewer)

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I just recieved an e-mail from DVDEmpire regarding my pre-order of Weird Science, which was supposed to come out on April 1st.

It says...

"We have just been informed by the studio that the
release date for 'Weird Science' has been changed
to TBA.

TBA = To Be Announced (No Release Date Specified Yet)

Your order has been kept in place and will be processed
normally. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have
caused."

Anybody else recieve this e-mail? Anybody know what's going on? I didn't pre-order Sixteen Candles, but does anyone know if it's still coming April 1st or if it's been delayed as well?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Neither Sixteen Candles nor Weird Science is scheduled for April 1st any more. Breakfast Club still is; make of that what you will. No different dates are available from Universal for the first two titles. That's all I've got right now.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
How long, O Lord, how long before we can see Kelly LeBrock in glorious widescreen (and Molly Ringwald in an OAR tete-a-tete with a "Geek"-y Anthony Michael Hall)?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Then again, the "BTTF" trilogy was delayed for a long time because of all the extras that went in. Could Universal be cooking up something more for these two titles?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
How long, O Lord, how long before we can see Kelly LeBrock in glorious widescreen (and Molly Ringwald in an OAR tete-a-tete with a "Geek"-y Anthony Michael Hall)?
John, don't you have the Image released DVDs of these two? They aren't anamorphic, but they ARE widescreen!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Actually, Dave, I didn't get into DVD until 2000, and by then, copies of the discs had pretty much all been bought up and out as far as I could see.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Then again, this is 3 years back we're talking about.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
That's a shame :frowning: . Scratch two more titles I was planning on for this half of the year. On the other hand, this works well with my intent on paring down my DVD buying habit ;) .

Joel

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Grrr....

I just sold mine on eBay (for a decent sum, it's true, but still...), foolishly believing the release date. Barstahds.

BTW, is Breakfast Club supposed to be remastered (anamorphic) with extras? Or just a rerelease of the same old disc?

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
According to this morning's DVD File report, all three John Hughes movies, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, and The Breakfast Club have been taken off the schedule. How incredibly frustrating. And considering that we've been hearing about these special editions since, I think, Studio Day 2001, I don't think they've been pulled for more features. Oh well...maybe in another few years....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
According to this morning's DVD File report, all three John Hughes movies, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, and The Breakfast Club have been taken off the schedule.
I just went and checked Universal's database, and it still lists a 4/1 release for The Breakfast Club. However, I'm seeing other items on that list which are re-listings of old offerings (Always, *batteries not included, Jungle Fever, Xanadu, etc.). So I just ran and checked my old copy of TBC, and the UPC code on it matches the one given for the 4/1/03 release.

So I can only assume they pulled the new SE release, along with the SE's for WS and SC, and simply replaced TBC's listing with a re-listing of the old disc. :frowning:

Sucks, don't it? I only hope these don't disappear off the radar screen like Duel did! :angry:

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
So any news on the new release dates? Now that the old release date has past I'd sure like to know when I'll get the chance to spend my money on these.

Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks