What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-25-2012 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3979986
Amazon is now price matching Target's 19.99 on the 3D Avengers!

That's tempting, but I think I might rather have the Target exclusive bonus than the 3D at this point, especially since I'd also have to wait at least another week for Amazon's free shipping -- they've been offering me a free 1-month trial for Amazon Prime, but if I can hold out, I'd like to wait until it gets closer to the holiday shopping season before taking them up on that offer...

I probably could've tried getting BB to pricematch as well (as some have), but I didn't want the hassle (w/ significant probability of rejection) given the tradeoffs, etc.
_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3980021
The 3D Pack at Target also includes the bonus disc!

Aye, but anyone know more details about the Target exclusive? I only know it's got 90min worth of bonus content, but no idea what it actually is. And I get the feeling that it's either the exclusive or the 3D at this point even if my local Target restocks the 3D version before Sunday.

_Man_

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My retired father did me a real solid today. I gave him my credit card last night, and he ran over to Target early this morning while I was at work. I told him I only needed the 2D release, but if the 3D release was also $19.99 he could pick up either one. He said that Target had a little kiosk set up near the front of the store with a Target employee handing out copies of the Blu-Ray. He grabbed the 3D release with the bonus disc, which was indeed the same price as the 2D release with the bonus disc.
I'll never watch the 3D disc, but I don't mind having it sitting there on the shelf.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Thats why those that actually have 3D setups and need the 3D version can't get one at Target lol, people are just getting it cause it's the same price...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3980043
Thats why those that actually have 3D setups and need the 3D version can't get one at Target lol, people are just getting it cause it's the same price...

Alright, this is a movie. No one NEEDS it. We WANT it.

If you really need it, then WalMart or BB or Amazon are options B, C and D.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Jason_V said:
Alright, this is a movie.  No one NEEDS it.  We WANT it.
If you really need it, then WalMart or BB or Amazon are options B, C and D.
Thought the "lol" would indicate my tone, just saying it's funny that people are getting the 3D version if they have no intent of watching in 3D just because it's the same price is all. If you read above you'd see where I said that I got it at WalMart ;)

Bill Coolidge

Stunt Coordinator
I call it investing in the future. I don't have 3-d now, but if I do get it, it'll be nice to have some movies ready and not have to double dip.
Investing in the future and at bargain prices to boot!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3980055
Thought the "lol" would indicate my tone, just saying it's funny that people are getting the 3D version if they have no intent of watching in 3D just because it's the same price is all. If you read above you'd see where I said that I got it at WalMart
Clearly I didn't go all three pages here to see where you got Avengers.

Okay, Target had none...but I found the present Adam left for me. Last 3D copy in the store as far as I could tell.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
No, the 3D version actually contains a few extra perks, such as music downloads.

Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3980043

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Bill Coolidge said:
I call it investing in the future. I don't have 3-d now, but if I do get it, it'll be nice to have some movies ready and not have to double dip.
Investing in the future and at bargain prices to boot!
That's compely valid in my view, I was more thinking of those who have no interest or intent to EVER get 3D, that's all.
Jason_V said:
Clearly I didn't go all three pages here to see where you got Avengers.  :D
What do you have a life or something? sheesh :rolleyes:

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Toddwrtr said:
No, the 3D version actually contains a few extra perks, such as music downloads.
And digital copy, my point is about people who were intending to just get the regular BD version (who didn't care about 3D, Digital Copy or Music Downloads) but just bought the 3D because it was the same price, considering it was "better" or "more" even though they just actually wanted the BD.
Thats all lol.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/90#post_3980080
What do you have a life or something? sheesh

Yeah....between signing closing papers to buy a house yesterday, a work/IRS deadline coming REAL quick, moving on Friday, partner coming into town on Saturday and getting over being sick...there's one or two things going on in my world right now.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Jason_V said:
Yeah....between signing closing papers to buy a house yesterday, a work/IRS deadline coming REAL quick, moving on Friday, partner coming into town on Saturday and getting over being sick...there's one or two things going on in my world right now.  :D
I'm sure you can summon the superhuman strength and focus of the man in your icon and power through it all, then slip on some 3D glasses collapse on that couch in the new place and watch some Avengers. Jumping on said couch afterwards is optional.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think I'm more apt to collapse on the couch right now rather than jump on it...

Something I learned today: Target will only do a price match with the entire ad. They won't take a printed page from the online flyer or anything like that. Interesting...

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Jason_V said:
I think I'm more apt to collapse on the couch right now rather than jump on it...
Something I learned today: Target will only do a price match with the entire ad.  They won't take a printed page from the online flyer or anything like that.  Interesting...
Its good to know all the rules each store has. I was worried about WalMart since Target had posted they would give no rainchecks, but the person who posted about WalMart matching said they had gotten a match from a raincheck. I took pics of the sign in the store with the deal, the item name and the dates of the offer, and thankfully that was good enough for a match. Harder to find a WalMart in LA than getting them to match...

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Actually, I'm reading elsewhere that some people have apparently been running around various Targets early in the morning to buy up their entire stocks and then likely to scalp on eBay, etc. That's apparently why so many sold out so very quickly.

I certainly wouldn't have made the mid-day trip to Target to try to buy one, if I knew they'd run out that fast -- would've called first, if I realized I could do that.

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
FYE has some competitive prices this week if you're a Backstage Pass member:
The Avengers - BR/DVD combo = $27.99 - $2.80 BP discount - $8.00 mail-in rebate = $17.19 final cost.
Indiana Jones Collection BR = $69.99 - $7.00 BP discount = $62.99 final cost.
Indy was also $64.99 everyday price at the local Walmart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks