What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-25-2012 (1 Viewer)

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
Confirmed on the 4/5 disc Target 3-D set for 19.99 "lower than advertised price" in Idaho.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So apparently I'm stopping at BB to get an ad and then heading to Target to see if they have Avengers and price match Batman.

All, of course, assuming Target has Avengers still on the shelf after work...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Target's website says that the bonus disc is 90 minutes. It also says that all the stores in my area are sold out! That *never* happens.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3979818
Target's website says that the bonus disc is 90 minutes. It also says that all the stores in my area are sold out! That *never* happens.

Every last store near me is in the stock right now. But then, it's not even 9:30 am on the West Coast....

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I'd say if you're after the 3D version of Avengers at Target to not wait very long to make the trip to the store. I was there just after they opened this morning, and they were just getting around to un-boxing the different versions. While they had plenty of DVD and Blu-Ray/DVD combos, the amount of 3D combos was, I'd say, less than 20. They basically had to check every box to find me the one that even had any 3D versions in it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Seriously, I don't think I have *ever* gone to one of the local Targets and not found a new release I was looking for, even later in the week. This is interesting (and not in a good way :( ).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3979832
Jason Lynnwood Target has 11 on shelf is marked at 19.99

That's where I'd be heading this afternoon. The Bellevue one is too far away to get to at lunch (and I need to stop at the bank at lunch anyway).

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The 3D Avengers at Target is going fast! I was at a Phoenix, AZ store one hour after opening this morning. There were none left in the movie/music area and only six remaining on a checkout lane end cap when I grabbed one. The salesperson I spoke with in electronics checked and told me that there were no more copies in the store other than what had been put out already. Better move quickly if you want the deal.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Jason_V said:
That's where I'd be heading this afternoon. The Bellevue one is too far away to get to at lunch (and I need to stop at the bank at lunch anyway).
Well its a good thing that I hid one for you I'll send you a PM with a pic on where you can find it as soon as I get to a spot where I can upload from my phone.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My local Target apparently sold out of the 3D Avengers real fast. They were out when I got there around 2:40pm. Told me to call them in the morning to check if they have a new overnight shipment or not. Bummers. I'll try giving them a call in the morning, but it's a pain to have to go back for that, especially since I don't even have 3D glasses for it (at least for now) and it's just a 2D-to-3D convert. I did pick up the regular 2D version (w/ Target exclusive) though just in case -- and I might just decide I don't want the 3D enough anyhow since I didn't originally plan on paying extra for that...

Finally picked up the Thor BD at BB (w/ a $10 RZ GC) after waiting in vain for it to drop below the current $15 mark while I was over there. Maybe we'll just rewatch that today before committing one way or another on the Avengers tomorrow...

Cheers! And thanks for another WRU, Mike.

_Man_

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
All the Valley Targets in LA are sold out and have a sign saying no rainchecks.
Took pictures of the price and going to give Wal Mart a shot.
Seems this deal is only there because of an error in the circular, so it won't last.
Walmart is accepting a picture of the Target price tag and had like 20 in stock in Panorama City if you're in LA

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012/60#post_3979986
Amazon is now price matching Target's 19.99 on the 3D Avengers!

Now I have a back up in case Target is out. (Just need the Amazon invoice to update now...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks