What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/26 (a VERY big week!) (1 Viewer)

ReaganG

Agent
Dave - Reading your weekly round up is the one thing that makes me get through my work day after closing on a Saturday and opening on a Sunday. You are a truly generous man to give up all this time and effort. Thank you for the round-up!

Has anyone heard if they plan to release an El Mariachi/Desperado/OUATIM Boxed set? I think Once upon a Time. . . is released on DVD in January. Or should I just buy these two that are out tomorrow? Thoughts?

Michael Bee

Auditioning
The El Mariachi/Desperado boxset is priced at $19.99, a great deal considering each individual film is $14.99. Plus the box art is really cool. I doubt there will be a three film box any time soon, but if there is, $10 a film isn't much of a loss should you consider to double-dip sometime down the road.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
ReaganG, thank you for the kind words.

Roberto, thank you for the private note in a similar vein. Yes, I agreed with everything you said. :wink:

I do appreciate all the gratitude for doing this; keep in mind that I pretty much do it for me on the titles I want to buy, or think I want to. When I add stuff I won't buy no matter what...well, that's where the generosity comes into play! :D

Well...time to go WATCH a DVD, instead of just talking about them at the HTF. Later,

Colin-H

Second Unit
What do you think my best bet is for getting Desperado and El Mariachi? Wait for sales when Once Upon a Time in Mexico is released in theaters, or wait for sales (or a 3-pack) when it's released on DVD?

Colin-H

Second Unit
Grrr, I got lazy and didn't read to the end of the thread. Sorry.

I plan to pick up:
LotR: TTT
Animal House DSPE
Blues Brothers
Clerks
Super Troopers
One Hour Photo
Desperado/El Mariachi (if there's a $19.99 2-pack of the SEs)

Big week for me.

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Dave,

Sorry about being a little confusing. The ad was strictly an ad for duracell and TTT - nothing to do with Target. I am still trying to scan the image, darn this scanner.

I can tell you that it seems to be through gillette, because you mail it to gillette mail in rebate. Again it was just a duracell ad on a one sheet paper in the guts of my newspaper, with an ad/coupon for simply white on the opposite side.

I will get it scanned by tomorrow, if not tonight.

Rob

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
KMart has LOTR:TTT for $14.99.

I was at Costco today. They have the Extended Edition of FOTR for $25.50. Not bad.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from midnight release at Veradale, WA (Spokane Valley) Wal-Mart. TTT is $14.84, Stitch!: The Movie is $18.84 (the two titles I bought). They were giving away a little light-up ring with the purcahse of TTT. Not sure how I ended up with 3 of them, since it was one per copy. Oh, well....trinkets to give to friends, I suppose.

Thanks for all your hard work, Dave.

Dave C.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
For those of you with Best Buy Reward Zone cards, you might wait to make your purchases there until Thursday. Purchases Thursday-Monday of Labor Day weekend get 5000 bonus points on your Reward Zone account (i.e., as if you spent an extra fifty bucks). This per the flyer I received from Best Buy last night in the mail.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Cool! I never get there until Saturdays anyway. :)

Are there any coupons for this weekend? They usually coincide with holiday weekends.

Tommy T

Stunt Coordinator
Heads up:

Just got back from Best Buy here in Dallas at Walnut Hill. TTT and Stitch didn't ring up with the $5 discount so check your receipts before you leave. They had to go back and credit my account afterwards.

Tommy

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
true about the 5000 points, but my flyer said you have to spend min 25 to get it.

and my best buy had 2 poltergeist 2+3 dvds so get there now if you went yours.

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
hmmm. Got to pass on the Desperado & El Mariachi dvds. I will wait for the 3 pack which will likley drop in Dec/Jan. I don't expect the movie to last long in the theaters. I have learned my lesson on the double dipping a few to many times now. The fact that the movies have been already dropped twice now is just to much of an indicator.

For me this week its

Stitch
LOTR TT
Blues Brothers
Animal House

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Thanks for the hard work Dave! This week for me it was:
LotR:TTT (decided not to hold out like I first did on FotR)
Animal House
Blues Brothers
Simpsons S3

Eric_P

Grip
:emoji_thumbsup: Dave-->:cool: :emoji_thumbsup:

Called my Wal-Mart and Fry's this morning to find the price of LOTR:TTT.

Walmart(Mtn. View, CA): $14.74
Fry's(Palo Alto, CA): $14.88 (today only until closing)

Roy C.

Second Unit
As usual, thanks Dave!!

I just bought Stitch! The Movie and LotR: TTT for $14.87/ea; not bad for Wally World...!!

Later,

Roy C.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Grrrrr, Simpson S3 was actually $32.99 at Costco.
For only a dollar less, I would have gave my money to Best Buy for a chance at the combo deal.

Anyone confirm the $31.99 price or is my Costco making up their own?

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks