What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-3-2015 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Still no Amazon listing for Mockingjay.

They must be losing pre-order business on this.

I wonder if I'll get my copy on Friday--which I pre-ordered from them a month ago when the item WAS listed on their site?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Still no Amazon listing for Mockingjay.

They must be losing pre-order business on this.

I wonder if I'll get my copy on Friday--which I pre-ordered from them a month ago when the item WAS listed on their site?
I'd be surprised if you didn't. Although I guess it's possible that they might try to 'punish' Lion's Gate by dragging their feet on shipping them out but since they'll definitely have it for sale by Friday, I'd be shocked if they weren't shipping copies today for arrival tomorrow.

What's hard to figure out is why Amazon thinks the no pre-order tactic has any value. It's not as if a HG fan just gives up and never buys the movie when they can't pre-order from Amazon. They either wait until it is available to buy from Amazon (at a price matching what Target or Best Buy has) or they buy it from another retailer and Amazon gets nothing.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I pre-ordered from Target. I wanted the cloth(whatever it is, I forget). I'll have by Tuesday. Also have two other Target exclusives pre-ordered(since they ship free over $25...why not...)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I got a shipping notification last night for my pre-order of Hunger Games, and the charge went on my account, so it better be shipping out.

I'm not familiar with the problem with this title, since it has already been in my order queue for a long time now. I wasn't up to speed on what the deal was.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Got to Target right when they opened at 8 AM this morning to pick up their exclusive version of Mockingjay - Part 1. As is so often the case with Target, they had tons of both the regular DVD and the regular Blu-Ray, but only one slot for their Target exclusive Blu-Ray combo pack in the Movies section, and one slot for the exclusive version in their cardboard display near the registers. I've never understood this practice.

As David suspected, it comes in the taller DVD packaging like Target's exclusive for Catching Fire did, book style packaging with a transparent plastic slipcover with the movie's logo over the top. I had no problems using the Ultraviolet code with the Vudu redemption portal. The slip with the code is just free floating in the packaging. The exclusive bonus disc is a DVD and not a Blu-Ray disc. It contains four featurettes: "Rubble and Ashes" (9:19), "Utilitarian Chic" (13:37), "The Propos Team" (11:56) and "Combat Zone: Stunts" (11:50).

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Went to BBY for the Steelbook, but dropped by Target on the way around lunchtime

My store had 5-6 by the register, but a whole 4 sided standup in the middle of the main front
aisle with regular Mockingjay BD, a bunch of the exclusives, and the DVDs'
There easily were 30 of the exclusives in the standup.
I didn't see any at all back in the Movie section which I though was unusual although
the Display stand took it's place.

Apparently they had quite a few more back in storage as well

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
My store had 5-6 by the register, but a whole 4 sided standup in the middle of the main front
aisle with regular Mockingjay BD, a bunch of the exclusives, and the DVDs'
There easily were 30 of the exclusives in the standup.
I was at two Targets today and they both had that large display in the front. At least the first store I went to had the exclusive version on an endcap in the movies section too (I didn't check at the second).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks