Weekly RoundUp 3-3-2015 (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mike Frezon said:
Not sure why you think no one cares. I care!

The link is fixed. Thanks!
It had just been a while, that is all.

Another Britt Robertson movie worth catching, especially for those that don't like a spoon-fed-ending...on VOD...

White Rabbit

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But if people (like yourself) don't let me know about my mistakes...I can't know to fix 'em. :thumbsup:

There is so much copying/pasting that goes into putting one of these things together...all it takes is a quick distraction and BAM--the wrong link goes to the wrong film.

In case anyone is curious, I have no problem with people letting me know that there are mistakes in a RoundUp. I hate putting info out that's not correct. Some weeks they go together easy. Other weeks, not so much. And then there's all the "stuff of life" that can get in the way. So, if something is wrong...please, let me know so I don't send someone out looking for a title or price that doesn't exist.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The 4-disc musical collection--mainly for Calamity Jane, but wouldn't mind owning the others, as well. I might check Target for their price; I have a $10 gift card from Christmas that I want to use toward something really good.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Thanks as always for the RoundUp, Mike!
They'll be doing the same thing again with this release:
attachicon.gif
mockingjay-part1-target.png
(Note that the fabric poster seems to be a preorder-only extra)

I'm leaning toward their release since, with the impending death of TargetTicket, they're back to releasing a bonus disc for their retailer exclusive extras. On the other hand, I really appreciate the durability of Steelbook cases. If I knew the extras were crap, i'd go with the Best Buy steelbook, but I don't want to miss out on any extras I'd like to have.
Apparently like with HG2 it will be the taller DVD size packaging.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Mike Frezon said:
But if people (like yourself) don't let me know about my mistakes...I can't know to fix 'em. :thumbsup:

There is so much copying/pasting that goes into putting one of these things together...all it takes is a quick distraction and BAM--the wrong link goes to the wrong film.

In case anyone is curious, I have no problem with people letting me know that there are mistakes in a RoundUp. I hate putting info out that's not correct. Some weeks they go together easy. Other weeks, not so much. And then there's all the "stuff of life" that can get in the way. So, if something is wrong...please, let me know so I don't send someone out looking for a title or price that doesn't exist.

Mike, in my line of work we call it feedback!! We like to say, "Feedback is the breakfast of champions!!" Of course I get paid for what I do and you do all of this for free and the personal satisfaction of service, so I suspect that folks tread lightly for those reasons. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
It can't be stated enough what a great service you provide, Mike. It's been a while since your medical scare put you out of commission for a little while, but during those weeks I felt lost without your release threads. I've really come to rely on them to keep me up to date on new releases each week. Your hard work really is appreciated, so I wanted to add my thanks, as well.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
What's the skinny with Equilibrium? I've been waiting forever for a proper Region 1 release with correct OAR and Lossless 5.1 at least.

Is a new master being released? The amazon link in the grid seems to point to the old release, and only shows 3rd party sellers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, everybody, for the nice words.

Amazingly, it's just a year now that I was released from the hospital after that marathon 35-day stay(!). So much of my life has returned to normal...but I'm still seeing all my doctors on a regular basis and still have infections, unhealed incisions, etc. (all kinds of "junk" that keep me from a complete return to normalcy.

I've had people tell me that after a full-scale medical trauma such as that it can take much more than a year to fully right the ship. I guess that's true. It took me pretty much a year just to get back to work full-time. but even that ain't easy yet.

One of the things that I don't think will ever get back to the way it used to be is the way I look at life and our place here on earth. It may sound trite, but this sort of event really changes one's perspective on the world and our place in it...and on what's important.

But I digress.

This all started with a discussion about submitting corrections to me when people catch 'em. Please do! Information is no good unless it's right. Life's too short to worry about trying to be perfect. If you see something wrong, bring it on! And if you've got supplemental information on any new release, I always think that's a great service that readers of the thread each week can supply. Bring it on, too! :biggrin:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff Cooper said:
What's the skinny with Equilibrium? I've been waiting forever for a proper Region 1 release with correct OAR and Lossless 5.1 at least.

Is a new master being released? The amazon link in the grid seems to point to the old release, and only shows 3rd party sellers.

Great question, Jeff. I'm really not sure. My lists of new releases (that I use to compile the WRU), said there would be a new release this week of the film Equilibrium and that it would be a Lionsgate release.

I'm wondering if there was a different release originally pointed-at by that Amazon link. I cannot fathom. But there certainly doesn't seem to be any new release of Equilibrium on Amazon right now.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I do recall a while back that a new Region 1 release of Equilibrium was announced, but didn't note any further information. When I saw it on the roundup this week, I thought 'Oh it's getting released finally'. Perhaps it really is, but Amazon is quite unhelpful.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If it's a Lionsgate Release...I wonder if it's tied up in the same Amazon dispute as Mockingjay...

I doubt it. But, who knows?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
If it's a Lionsgate Release...I wonder if it's tied up in the same Amazon dispute as Mockingjay...

I doubt it. But, who knows?
It's a Miramax release, but i lose track these days of who is part of who anymore since Disney sold them to Filmyard
I don't think they are under the same umbrella as Lionsgate though.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
so Jaws 2, Jaws 3D and Jaws: the Revenge, huh?

Pity we're not getting Jaws 2 on Blu - yes its nowhere near as good as the first, but as a monster movie goes, it's perfectly serviceable. I'd love to see a solid blue edition come out with a light sprinkling of extras.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Tony J Case said:

Pity we're not getting Jaws 2 on Blu - yes its nowhere near as good as the first, but as a monster movie goes, it's perfectly serviceable. I'd love to see a solid blue edition come out with a light sprinkling of extras.

Ya know, I think the same thing from time to time. Jaws is a classic, no one is going to argue that. It has a number of "oh crap" moments, even when you know they're coming. But Jaws 2 is a fine sequel. I forget if it's a deleted scene or in the movie, but the moment the shark attacks the helicopter pilot has always freaked me out.

Jaws 3 is kinda serviceable in a 1980s, "HAHA!" nostalgia kind of way. I'd buy that one without a lot of thinking. And I'd probably grab Jaws: The Revenge...just to complete the series AND because it's so terrible.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Strangely Mockingjay still isn't available on release day. The previous Disney and Warners titles would appear on release day.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tony J Case said:

I still hold out hope that Universal will license them to Scream Factory.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Jason_V said:
Mockingjay Part I release day is Friday, not today, as far as I'm aware.
Luckily I saw this before heading off to Best Buy today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks