What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-13-2012 (1 Viewer)

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
For me this week: Doctor Who The Three Doctors, Doctor Who Face of Evil, Doctor Who Robots of Death

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your continued troubles. Be careful on those blood thinners, but I'm glad they are helping. That's interesting about the filter and I'm glad the procedure went well. I didn't know they even did that. It makes sense though. Praying for you, my HTF friend.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere, but picked up the Box Set 6 DVD/Bluray edition of The Ten Commandments at Sam's Club the other day for $26.98. I thought it was outstanding.

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Terry
Found this on line- "The Adventures of TinTin hits DVD and Blu-ray on Tuesday, March 13 -- and if you're interested in the film, watch for $3 off peelie coupons available on the DVD or the 2-disc Blu-ray combo pack! It looks like Toys R Us will have the best price for the DVD right now; they have The Adventures of TinTin priced at $15.99, so just $12.99 after coupon. If you prefer snagging the 2-disc Blu-ray combo pack, you have a couple of options. Target, Toys R Us, and Best Buy all have the 2-disc edition of The Adventures of TinTin priced at $22.99 -- so just $19.99 after your $3 off coupon. However, Best Buy Reward Zone members will receive triple points on their purchase, so keep that in mind as well" will check out stores tomorrow darn Bought this blind, looking for the dog.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH.

Thanks for finding the review, Mike. Much appreciated even if there are problems with the links this week. No biggie for sure.

P.S. I still plan right now to have My Week with Marilyn up tomorrow night.

And Matt's review of [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/products/my-week-with-marilyn-dvd-blu-ray-combo/reviews/3046]My Week With Marilyn can be found HERE.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

And Matt's review of [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/products/my-week-with-marilyn-dvd-blu-ray-combo/reviews/3046]My Week With Marilyn can be found HERE.

Thank you, Mike. You da man!!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Mike, good luck with the blood thinners. I hope that works out. Count me in the "Kick-Ass was one of the best movies of recent years" crowd. Scott Pilgrim was decent, but I would've liked it a lot more if I were 20 years younger. :) My son wants TinTin and I'm curious about it and Three Musketeers, but those will wait for the cheapie bin.

Greykell Dutton

Auditioning
Mike Frezon said:
Well...I wasn't going to make a big deal about it...but since I've been discussing it along the way... I was actually back in the hospital this past week--again.  But, I'm just thrilled to still be ticking and churning out RoundUps!  :D  
Exiting a 7 (or so) year lurking spell just to say, "hope all goes well with you." Even those of us who lurk the forums unmercifully, couldn't get by without the Roundup (and by extension... YOU!) Cheers, Greykell

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Mike, get better. A few years ago, I had a blood clot in my leg and was on coumadin for several months. All is better now, but the circulation in the leg where I had the clot will never be the same. I've also had my share of health issues in the past few months, but I'll spare everyone the gory details. Suffice it to say, I missed being online (and even watching movies!) for several weeks, but I had to weigh that with the need to get better (which I am). I really appreciate your efforts here at HTF and in the Weekly RoundUp!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve:

Your challenge a few years ago inspired my wife and I to join a gym and we were going there an average of 3 times a week. But things ground to a halt just after Christmas when the pneumonia hit and we had to stop our trips together to the gym.

That's been one of the toughest things about my recent spate of problems--not being able to hit the treadmill, elliptical machine, etc. It has been nearly three months!

You challenged us to "get up and move" and that was a big part of helping motivate us getting into a much healthier lifestyle.

I am really looking forward to the day when I can get back to the gym. But I fear it will still be quite awhile...and that when it DOES happen, it will be a pretty tough transition.

This past week marks my third "thrown clot." Enough's enough already!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Slow and steady...I still have not recovered from my hospital stay, where I basically "forgot" how to walk and had to enter physical therapy. It will be awhile before I can walk the neighborhood, But at least I can climb the stairs and get to the home theater, where I hope to watch TinTin in 3D this weekend!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Greykell Dutton said:
Exiting a 7 (or so) year lurking spell just to say, "hope all goes well with you." Even those of us who lurk the forums unmercifully, couldn't get by without the Roundup (and by extension... YOU!) Cheers, Greykell
Woah. Greykell I think you deserve a special welcome back to the forum especially for hanging Round so long and still coming back to make a post or three in your 13 years.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just a helpful hint for Best Buy shoppers: Best Buy's website has the American Pie blu rays for $11.99 each. The cash register will ring it up at $14.99 each. You will need to tell the cashier about the online price (which they can look up for you) but will then need a manager's approval to override. This added about 3 minutes to my transaction but overall I saved nearly $10 (once you factor in tax) for all three movies.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

And now...Matt's review of [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/products/wizards-35th-anniversary-edition-blu-ray/reviews/3047]Wizards (35th Anniversary Edition) can be found HERE!

Thank you, Mike. I hope to have The Descendants up tonight.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Mike, Echoing the heartfelt sentiments that have already been expressed, I wish you the very best and speediest of recoveries - besides where else am I going to find a better presentation of the weekly deals than you :) Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks