What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-26-2008 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Robert, all according to TV Shows on DVD and mostly verified by IGN 2 disc review:

Single disc:
2 commentaries
Super Heroes United Featurette
Gotham Knights trailers

2 disc/BD/HD:
2 commentaries
Super Heroes United Featurette
Gotham Knights trailer
Legion of Doom Featurette
Comic Book Featurette
3 JLU episodes

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

Hey, this is the only thing on my list this week (and two very happy little girls waiting) but I also have to throw in Kmart at 14.99 with a discount on the doll and a Free Mini Stationery Kit, but I just may go cheap and go amazon. I have a few other things to get there anyway.

EDIT

Just checked Amazon and it's 14.99 there also, not 9.99. Guess I will just get that local and decide what freebie the girls want

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Yikes, decisions! I was also bummed that Amazon apparently kicked the price back up to what everyone else is selling Mariposa for. My little princess has the doll, so I guess it'll be either Target or BB. Hmmmm.....

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Pricey HD week for me - Beowulf and Dragon Tiger Gate on HD DVD, 30 Days of Night and Initial D on Blu-ray, a ton of clearance-priced HD DVDs from DeepDiscount, and I would have gotten Justice League on HD DVD except for Warner delaying it.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

I would have gotten the Justice League on BD had FYE had it on sale today, instead of "later in the week".

For some reason, having new releases on release day is a major challenge for this chain. This happens on a regular basis.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Jason! I guess the only big difference for me is the "Legion of Doom" and "Comic Book" featurettes. I already have all the JLU episodes, so I may just go for the single disc this time.

Thanks again!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
in case anyone cares, the bestbuy green lantern figure is on pack and is only with the 2 disc sd dvd edition.
oh and it's only about 2 inches tall, if that.

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like the Justice League BD is on backorder at CC's Web site.

DD has it for 23 and change, shipped. Not too shabby.

The extra coupla bucks is worth it, because DD is awesome.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

The one I saw was boxed and separate from any of the various editions of NF. I couldn't believe BB put a $19.99 price sticker on that box containing the tiny Green Lantern figure. What a rip.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

Amazing.
Circuit City finally has a great price on a new release Blu-Ray but, for some reason, don't advertise it in their weekly flyer.
I head up there last night and not a single new release Blu-Ray (30 Days of Night was MIA also). I even went to a stock cart and nothing there also.

Way to support the format guys.
At least if they advertised, I could have price matched at Best Buy (who had plenty on the shelf).

Anyway, I just ordered (like I always do) it from Amazon for $20. I may have to wait a couple of days but oh well.

What was odd, they had Beowulf HDDVD available.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Stopped by Target tonight: Newhart S1 is an unadvertised special thru 3/3/08 @ $29.99 (reg. $32.99).

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I also went to CC looking for Justice League: New Frontiier and the clerk said they didn't get any in. So, I ended up going to Best Buy and paying 10 bucks more. So much for CC's great price!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Thats why i never go to CC anymore. You go in for a great price, cant find it cause they put a sci-fi movie starting with "J" in westerns, under "M", they didnt get it, or they got 2, and sold them in 15 minutes on Tues. when the store opened. I will take BB, or Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks