What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-26-2008 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Time to relive my youth with Punky S4 and Smurfs S1V1 this week (both already on their way to me).

And I'll wait for cheaper prices on 30 Days of Night Blu and Beowulf HD (unless I can snag it at H'wood Video for 2/$20). I'm waiting on the eventual double-dip for Darjeeling.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh: I think what it really shows is that people aren't that used to CC being so competitive! ;)

After all, they cannot possibly doubt ME...can they?!

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Thanks, I can't remember the last time (if ever) that CC had a sale on new release Hi Def movies.
In fact, I don't think I have ever purchased one from them yet and I've had both formats for almost a year now.
Looks like I will pick up JL if that price holds.
Beowulf, @ $29.99 will be a rental until the price drops happen.

LarryH

Supporting Actor

My BB flier shows the same deal, but apparently at $17.99 each! Should net out to $15.49 each.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
fyi... warner home video says my hd-dvd order for Justice League - New Frontier just shipped. Amazon has it listed for March 18 release date.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
unless the ad explicitly says/shows the fullscreen, I usually go to the check out and when the full price rings up, I show them the ad and ask them to correct it. They usually look confused and either give it to me right away or call a manager who usually gives it to me. Or I go to best buy and ask for a price match and they give it to me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

not when i look at it.

"Availability: This title will be released on February 26, 2008. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by"

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

If they have any my CC never stocks new HD releases on Day and date

The Quality of Warner's DTV Animated releases is so all over the board that this wil definately be a rental, probably unfortunately in SD , since it's near impossible to rent New release Blu ray movies

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor

are you looking at the HD version?

Justice League - The New Frontier (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2008)

Starring: Phil Morris, Neil Patrick Harris Director: Dave Bullock Rating

13 Reviews
5 star: (7)
4 star: (1)
3 star: (1)
2 star: (2)
1 star: (2)

See all 13 customer reviews...

(13 customer reviews)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $29.99
Price: $20.95 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $9.04 (30%)
Special Offers Available
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Details

Availability: This title will be released on March 18, 2008. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I believe the HD-DVD version comes out 2 weeks after the standard and Blu versions... Warner's new policy. Stock may have been in earlier though, so maybe a slight mistake that Amazon has shipped it.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Is The Darjeeling Limited a Criterion Collection release or will it eventually be (As Wes Anderson's last 3 films have been)?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

This is a regular release, Nick. I have to believe it'll be double dipped at some point. As for with Criterion or not...DL was a Fox release while Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore are all Buena Vista titles. Has Criterion ever been able to license and release a Fox movie?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know they've done some of Fox's film noirs from 1940's but I don't think they've done anything current. And as good as The Darjeeling Limited was, it didn't really set the box office on fire so I don't know if Fox is going to be all that interested in re-releasing it any time soon. About the only thing I think that may be coming is a Blu Ray release (and since they didn't release it now, even that's probably aways off).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Agreed. I'd love for somone like Criterion to get a hold of it, though, and do a feature on the music. Really incredible stuff there.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know what the difference is between the single disc and the two disc editions of Justice League: The New Frontier?

The extras are what will make me decide which version to get. Thanks for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks