1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 2-12-2013

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    My nearest BB (Williston, VT) looked much the same when I was there a week or so ago. There was an associate with a cart of about 50 titles or so, running around trying to figure out where on the mostly empty shelves each should be stocked. There was so much empty space and so many possibilities, he was having a rough time trying to match the proper shelf tag with the right product. I was going to stop in again yesterday but figured...why bother? I can easily order from Amazon at the same prices, with free shipping, and save sales tax as well (so far, anyway).

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I tried something along those lines year. I forget exactly when, but it was after multiple new releases were not available on release night. I e-mailed and out outlined all the problems and the terrible customer service I received from their MOD over the previous Christmas. Polite and to the point and all that jazz. I didn't hear one word. The general perception I've gotten from BB is that they just don't care. They don't care their associates are not prepared for the first morning of Upgrade and Save. They don't care they don't have product on the floor. They don't care you can't find jack in the media section since they mixed both DVD's and BD's together. They don't care to follow a consistent policy between online and in-store sales.
    I went in after work on Friday and there were massive sections of the $9.99/$7.99/$4.99 displays just empty. There was clearly no interest in filling the holes with other similarly priced titles or rearranging what was there to make it look better. That's what struck me the most: the apathy. It was not like that when I worked there close to 10 years ago.

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Yeah. Mixing the two media together has certainly not helped the situation in the slightest.
    I was in my mall over President's Day weekend. I didn't even bother to go into Best Buy to see what was there. I did, however, spend a fair amount of time looking over the deals and stock at my local FYE (TransWorld store) in the same mall.
    A gift card? Todd, you obviously don't remember my problems just trying to get an occasional 10% off coupon from Best Buy back in "the day."