What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-15-2005 (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Thanks Travis... kind of steep, but maybe. Gee and all the 1-9 sets are $20 at BB after what they originally went for.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Don't forget - all of today's releases are now eligible for DDD's 20% off sale. Some example prices (all sans tax and including shipping):

STARGATE ATLANTIS-1ST SEASON $ 33.10
SOUND OF MUSIC (40TH ANNIVERSARY) $ 14.70
OKLAHOMA (50TH ANNIVERSARY) $ 15.80
STATE FAIR (60TH ANNIVERSARY)+1962 $ 15.80
MADAGASCAR (WS) $ 13.74

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
There was a manufacturer's coupon in my Sunday paper (Louisville Courier Journal) for $3 off the Sound of Music. I used it at Target, which made the price $11.99. The coupon expires 12/17/05.

arsh

Second Unit
Can we get that coupon pls? I am interested! Sound of music is $14.99 at target!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I was able to get a $24.99 price match at BB for the Springsteen set. The extra single is of "Born to Run" b/w "Meeting Across the River" -- on CD. It is inside the packaging.

- Steve

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I didn't find a coupon in my Sunday paper (LA Times). Was the coupon located in one of the coupon inserts? Or, was the coupon printed in the body of the paper? The Sunday LA Times Calendar section had a full-page color ad promoting the DVD release, but no coupon.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I read on another forum that the coupon was in the "Smartsource" flyer (which usually has grocery and fast food coupons).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Guess I won't stop at Target on the way home. Guess I'll stop home first and go through the Sunday papers before I head to Target! :D

My wife had already gone through the Sunday coupons...but said she didn't remember seeing anything for TSoM. But, she admitted she wasn't looking for it either and might have missed it.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Both State Fair and Oklahoma were priced at $19.99 at Best Buy in Burbank and neither of them (along with Sound of Music) were to be found at Costco nearby.

While Costco had plenty of the Harold Lloyd box at $59.99, they didn't get the bonus Radio Shows CD which appears to be exclusive to Best Buy. To me this was worth the few extra bucks at BB ($62.99) along with getting the Reward Zone points. (Did anyone know about this extra in advance?)

BB also price matched both Madagascar and Sound of Music to $14.99 each using the Fry's and Target ads I had.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
A couple Target prices for items not in the paper:
State Fair and Oklahoma 2 disc sets: $19.99 ea
Happy Endings $19.99 (anyone see this that can recommend it?)

Nothing for me to buy this week...a few rentals though...
Now NEXT week is another story!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I checked my coupons several times as well - and no coupon here either. :frowning:

However, I was able to find a deal in the coupon inserts for free movie tickets to The Chronicles of Narnia though. See Free Narnia Movie Tickets for details.

Scott - Thanks for the heads-up on checking the coupons! :)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Here's something someone can try on the Sound of Music coupon - the coupon appears in the Smartsource flyer and another forum reported that it showed up in the Detroit and Pittsburgh newspapers. The Smartsource website lets you print out the coupons based on zip code. I can't use the site because the coupon printing portion uses Active X which has been disabled here at work. If someone can give it a try, a zip code for Pittsburg is 15218 and Detroit is 48207. I don't know for sure whether or not the SOM coupon is available for print, but its worth a try.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Patrick.C - Thanks for the suggestion. I just signed-up and tried both zip codes - and no SOM coupon for either.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No TSoM coupon in my Sunday papers either. That includes: The Albany Times Union, the Troy Record, NYPost and NYDaily News.

Bummer.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Anyone get the Friends box set? Does the wood case hold all the previous dvd boxes or is there a different case inside for each season? Looks like it's narrower than all 10 previous boxes lined up in a row.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it was a mail in with a coupon from season ten wasnt it?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm kinda surprised a scan of the TSoM coupon hasn't surfaced anywhere. My local papers get that SmartSource insert...but there was nothing.

But, I went ahead and picked up my TSoM at Target last night. The little bit I checked looked pretty good to me...a marked improvement over the 5-star.

One ugly development (calling EricSchulz!): At my local Target, the Office Space SE widescreen was $14.99. The Office Space SE fullscreen was $13.78. In disbelief, I went and scan-checked the prices and that's, indeed, how they came up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks