What's new

Warner lets some of the Q4 releases out of the bag, including some surprises..... (2 Viewers)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, I agree, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Heat released on BD as well.

This whole announcement is fantastic. I will be able to order several highly wanted titles before the Amazon 10%-discount HD promotion ends. (Some people believe it will be prolonged another period, but even if it won't: it already earned me the money back spend on the HD-A1!).

Cees

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Lets see.

Blu-Ray - 6 million PS3's, 200 to 300k stand alone players = < 2 million disks sold.

HD DVD - 500 k stand alone players (including add-ons) = 1.5 million disks sold.

Guess you are right. The PS3 has been the knockout blow to HD DVD.

Tell me though, as that is less that one disk sale per 3 PS/3, do the PS/3 owners pass the disk around?:)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

What Amazon 10% discount HD promotion? I vaguely recall something mentioned in the Weekly Roundups. Is that still going on?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, every HD DVD or BD bought is discounted an extra 10%. Was extended until Dec 31th 2007. Some hope it will be extended again.

E.g.: I just received Heroes Season 1 on HD DVD. I payed $69.95 - $6.99. Shipping fee to Amsterdam: $4.73 ("standard"). So I pay $67.69 total, delivered to my door. :)

Cees

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I really hope they do. I've easily bought more titles than I normally would have due to the additional 10% discount.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ah. Thanks for the clarification. At any rate, I've already made the decision to be MUCH more selective in my media purchasing habits going forward than I have been throughout the SD-DVD era.

We'll see how that goes. . . ;)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

I have a funny feeling there's going to be another player on the shelf next to my Sony Blu-Ray player by this time next month.

("Heroes" beckons me).

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm sort of leaning towards adding a Blu Ray player to my shelf, but I've been spoiled on HD DVDs amazing player prices and deals.

But next time Blu Ray offers a similar deal on a player (not a PS3), I may have to go for it.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
It's good news that Warner will be releasing Smallville (Season 1) on a High-Def format! I love that show so much! I seriously can't wait to get my hands on it. And The Goonies? Two great things coming from WB this year! Things are looking good!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Warner has given us a lot this year but I wonder if there'll be a few more for December.

I'm still hoping for LA Confidential, Bonnie & Clyde, Cool Hand Luke, The Man Who Would Be King and the Dirty Harry set of which most were stated as coming this year in the HTF chat. Though it's starting to look like maybe next year for these.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
during the warner chat this spring they confirmed a fall release for L. A. Confidential but so far no rease date. This is the 10th anniversary year too...come on Warner! :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My new TV and HDMI cable finally showed up. . .and to be honest, the PS3 does such a good job of upconverting DVDs that I've (almost) lost interest in adding HD-DVD, or even upgrading DVDs that I already have to HD.

Almost. ;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Definitely not looking promising for a release this year. If we don't hear anything by mid to late October I have a feeling we're going to have to wait until next year. But Warner is good about making a long wait worth it.

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Am I right in thinking that THE EXORCIST has disappeared off the List of titles?
Really bummed if thats the case

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I wouldn't worry about it. It's not as though Warner is gonna forget they own and can release The Exorcist in HD because it no longer appears on a list on a website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks