What's new

Warner lets some of the Q4 releases out of the bag, including some surprises..... (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
The following is also being posted on thedigitalbits but doing a quick search I couldn't confirm it. Very excited to see Pan's Labyrinth!

King Jeff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Beber
Is New Line BluRay exclusive?

-Nevermind, I just looked at thedigitalbits, the same three are on HD-DVD as well. There is a nice picture of the Harry Potter box set on there too.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
N/M as well.

How come i'm interested in that box set?

I've never been into those films really....yet i'm interested.

I would probably like to wait till nearly all the movies are done. You'd think they'd have a box set with place holders for the other two movies.

justinslot

Agent
Real Name
Justin Slotman
I'm hopeful for the Justice League movie being good, the Darwyn Cooke comics it's based on were a lot of fun. I hope that Batman Anime isn't part of that current Batman cartoon (which is okay but not something I feel like I have to watch on a regular basis.)

Here's a general question that I keep meaning to bring up and this is as good a place as any since the JL movie got mentioned: has anyone been really wowed by animation in HD? Like, noticing a huge difference between a high-def cartoon and a regular cartoon? I've seen a few: TMNT, Ghost in the Shell 2, Final Fantasy, Dr Strange. And I don't have a great display or anything, but I can almost always see a significant improvement between my regular DVDs and my high-def DVDs in either format. But I'm not seeing it with the cartoons. Anybody else feel the same way?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I see that it lists "Superman: Doomsday" as a BD release. I know the SD version of this gets released next week. Anyone know if the BD version is same day and date, or is this way off in the future? It would be a missed opportunity if they don't release them simultaneously.

mylan

Screenwriter

I have been sitting out this format war (always leaned HD-DVD though) but this is THE one movie that will force me to buy if only for the improved sound during the bank robbery scene. The video had always been grainy to me but i've not minded, it will be interesting to see what they do with that.

Eric F

Screenwriter
If it was Day and Date they would have announced it already. When (or if) it will be released remains unknown.

King Jeff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Beber

Yes, exactly! I'm really hoping for a Dolby TrueHD track on this one. I'd like to see the contrast and black levels improved too, many of the night scenes didn't look too good on the most recent DVD; especially the scene where Vincent pulls Neil over and asks to get coffee, the inspection of the first crime scene, and the finale at the airport. Even if they don't do all that great of a job, this will still be my favorite HD-DVD, just because the movie is so incredible.

MattGuyOR

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still waiting on even a WIDESCREEN edition of Bridges of Madison County. In 10 years of DVD, it's never been released in its proper aspect ratio. I find that pretty strange, it was a hit if I remember correctly. I'd also love True Romance, as well.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator

You do realize that it's taken Blu-Ray over a year to sell just over 2 million TOTAL discs, right? So much for your theory. ;)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
HDnetmovies has been playing Bridges of Madison County the last month or so.

Jacob

Brian-W

Screenwriter

;) (stealing your quote now)

You do realize that it's taken HD-DVD over a year-and-a-half to sell just over 1.5 million TOTAL discs, right?

:D

Signed,

BW
(who became format semi-neutral last week all because of dumb Heroes Season 1)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I've said it elsewhere, but still feel the same- If I hadn;t already felt my $500 buy in were amply rewarded, The Heroes release would have done that all by itself.
It was a blind buy for me and the 16-20 hours I spent with the show was some of the most fun I can recall ever having in my HT.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Heroes wasn't even for me - it was for my girlfriend. I felt bad with her catching up with older compressed satellite recordings, so I sprung for HD-DVD. It's the only disc I own at the moment, but Heat is coming soon.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Do you realize it's taken over 0.0000000000001 of a year for me to be disappointed that Heat will be HD-DVD only?

I have this funny feeling that there's going to be another player on the shelf next to my PS3 by this time next year. . .

King Jeff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Beber
I'm watching the SD DVD of Heat now, I hope they really clean up this transfer. There are a lot of problems with black levels and a lot of times the picture gets really muddy. The sound could use some work, too. Overall, it doesn't detract from the movie, but it'd make a huge difference if the quality was better.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

I have my doubts that it'll be HD-DVD only. The way things are listed on the site right now are placeholders at best, and I don't see them adding an In-Movie Experience for this title, and that would be the only logical reason for a hold-up on BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks