What's new

Warner Bros: Queen of the Damned *Director's Cut* (1 Viewer)

Rickie hammond

Auditioning
I so would like to see a D cut to QOTD!
I senet this to Customer Service
Warner Bros. Online
Many people would like to see a Director's Cut. We would also Anne Rice
Commentary as we watch the film. We would like a quality DVD case, and maybe a slipcover. We would like Aaliyah's audition video if possible, etc.
And they Said!
Hello!
Thank you for your e-mail regarding future Warner Bros. DVD releases.
Unfortunately, Warner Bros. Online Customer Service does not have exact release
Dates, nor do we know when a certain DVD will be released in various countries
Or formats. Warner Bros. Online Customer Service also has no information as to
Why certain films or TV shows have not been released on DVD. Warner Bros.
Values your input and opinions. Your requests for specific movies, TV shows and
Features have been noted
To find out about current movies and upcoming movies and DVD releases, you
Can sign up for the WB Reel News
Again, we thank you for your interest in Warner Bros. movies and TV shows!
Sincerely,
Customer Service
Warner Bros. Online

TraceyW

Auditioning
I Want My Q.O.T.D!!!!!!

I Have Been Waiting For Years To Get This DVD!!! I Spent Too Long Just Finding The Origonal DVD (its not selling here in australia), And I Want More Of This Movie!!!

Queen Of The Damned Is An Amazing Movie And I Request To See Everything!! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Iben

Auditioning
I SO agree with everyone here... Us fans need to see the movie as it was supposed to be at the beginning. What more can a fan ask for than the Director's Cut. It really would be a dream come true...

Please consider the suggestion..

With all my hope
Iben Fahlén

TraceyW

Auditioning
Im Begging You!!!!! I Am On My Knees!!!! Bring Out The Directors Cut of Queen Of The Damned!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

AnetressM

Auditioning
I, too would love to see this film released in it's entirety....I remember reading that so much of it had to be cut to make the release date...PLEASE release ALL scenes...all of us here and many others would be sure to snatch it up!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I'd like to add my name to the list of people who would love a Director's Cut of this film.

Kristin

Agent
WB: I'd like to add that Michael Rymer (the director of this film) is interested in doing a Director's Cut. Anne Rice films are a definite seller. Please consider doing this.

Thanks,
Kristin

Kaitlyn H

Auditioning
I agree with everyone one hear. I have waited way too long for there to be a Director's Cut of Queen of the Damned. I'm sure every QotD fan would really appreciate this DVD. I would not hesitate at all to buy it. Please realease this DVD.

Kaitlyn

:b :b :b :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :star: :star:

ShannonAND

Auditioning
I really love the movie QOTD. And if it is possible and should be possible and not to be greedy, Us fans of anne rice and the best seller Queen of the Damned book into a movie, would like a longer version and more Behind the Scenes footage the theatrical version never showed. The DVD that was released showed the deleted scenes, yes. But what if they were in the movie, and in order. Including more Akasha/Lestat, Jesse/Lestat relationship, all cut out footage, and all the others we have mentioned. if this happens, alot of people will go buy it because we really want this to happen. And the director is wanting to do a director's cut and admits that there is ALOT of footage cut out. Once I discovered there is lost footage, I started to try to make something happen, and us fans of Queen of the Damned would like to see this happen!

Thank you WB, I hope this one post means something to you to get a Director's Cut. Hey and you know what else: Lord of the Rings got an extended version and the original version is 4 hours long with at least an hour of cut footage, why can't QOTD have one even though the movie is so short. LOTR got the D cut out about just a few months after the original release, why couldn't have QOTD have one. What about the movie Underworld. The movie was released in 2003 and so was the DVD, then now at the official site and in my own home, i have the extended edition which was probably released in 2004 or early 2005, that is including alot of Behind The Scenes footage. So why can't QOTD have it. Please make this happen, I'm not begging, I'm just making a point, but if it happens Warner Brother's will be at the top! All these people will want to buy it and WB will be rollin' in the dough, right. We will be happy and that will make you happy 'cause were happy and you got the dough. So how about it?

I hope this happens!
Shannon:)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
A great time to release this is when Stewart Townsend's new show Nightstalker premieres in the fall. Michael Rymer has gone on to direct many of the new Battlestar Galactica series including the beginning Minis-series. He's certainley made me a fan and I'd definitley purchase a QOTD Director's cut.

Kaitlyn H

Auditioning
Please, please, please release a Director's Cut DVD of this movie. There were a lot of scenes that were cut and I would like to see them. They should have been on the DVD in the first place. This is one of my favorite movies and I would not hesitate at all to buy the Director's Cut. Please do this for all the QotD fans out there!!!!

Kaitlyn

:emoji_thumbsup: :b :D :star:

Sharon Stimple

Auditioning
Please, Please, Please release a Director's Cut of Queen of the Damned DVD. Because it's one of my favorite vampire movies and I am a big admirer of the film and would like to see the lost footage of the movie. I would like to see more of Lestat and Marius, because they are my two favorite characters of the movie and of Anne Rice's vampire chronicle books.

Thanks, Cristen Stimple

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
If Gothika warranted a second release then certainly Queen of the Damned deserves the same opportunity.

Kristin

Agent
With BLUERAY and HD DVDs coming out this year, why not have a directors cut of this film in that format? I think it'd be the perfect opportunity to release it.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Releasing the DC in BR and HD would be good if it was also released in Standard DVD (for those who are years away from Hi-Def DVDs).

Dana_D

Auditioning
Real Name
Dana Dulaurent
I got into the story from the first minutes, I loved the cast and I loved the music. I also loved the fact that the movie was talking about a vampire who was more than just teeth and slurp, a vampire that still had a warm, human side; it takes a lot of courage to break some old clichés!

Still, I thought that the movie was too short; I wondered whether the filmmakers were bound to tell the story in no more than 100 minutes ? :D And after I saw the deleted scenes and the concert versions of the songs, I thought "pity they did not use all the good stuff they had, the film would have been really great".

So please WB & Mike Rymer, release a director's cut and let Queen of the Damned get out from the mistreated version that was released and become the great movie that it always was. The fans are still waiting!

Kaitlyn_H

Auditioning
Real Name
Kaitlyn Hamilton
Warner Bros,

Adding on to ShannonAND's post, Underworld did get an extended version of the DVD after the original version came out. Lord of the Rings also got a version with over 1 hour of deleted scenes along with the movie being 4 hours long. Queen of the Damned was shortened and is A LOT shorter than Lord of the Rings, so doesn't Queen of the Damned deserve a Director's Cut? Wouldn't it be fair? Also think about Aaliyah. Would Aaliyah work that hard just to only have a theatrical version of the movie out? She would want something more done with it for her fans, exactly like the Director's Cut! She of all people that worked on the film deserves this Director's Cut.

Michael Rymer, the director of this film, has mentioned that there was plenty of stuff cut out of the movie and would be pleased to have a Director's Cut of it! And if I remember correctly, Anne Rice also said that she would be pleased if a Director's Cut of this movie be put out, she liked it that much! I urge you think about what Michael Rymer has said, what Anne Rice has said, about Aaliyah and what she would want, and especially the fans of Queen of the Damned! If you released this Director's Cut, I can assure you that ALL fans of this movie would be delighted to by it, and that makes for some happy fans! And if Warner Bros has some happy fans, I'm sure Warner Bros would be even happier!

I hope this post has made you think about this issue. I urge you to think about everything I have just mentioned. It would be a wise and incredible choice to release this Director's Cut!

Very sincerely,

Kaitlyn (mentioning ALL Queen of the Damned fans!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks