What's new

Warm, Bright, Neutral associated with brands/models (1 Viewer)

BuddF

Auditioning
I thought I'd try something out.

Alot of people come here as newcomers and are interested in speakers and help in making purchases. Brands vary greatly as far as "warm" to "bright" sounding speakers. Of course what drives them also plays a role in this.

I thought as a good idea to get a sort of broader look at individuals opinions on how certain speaker sound (i.e.-Klipsch lands on the bright side in my opinion). Someone can go to one location and get an idea of what kind of sound they like, then using this information can refer to the lists of speakers that hopefully end up here and help refine their search and/or help pick out internet based speakers. Some info has been posted here and there on this subject but not really in one location.

Also naming what drove the speakers (i.e.-HK, Yamaha receivers, etc) can help in this. I am only stating this because a brighter receiver on a neutral speaker will lean it to sound on the bright side.

Hopefully this can give broader perspective on how different speakers sound and help assist in guiding someone in a better direction.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There is no one answer. What one person feels is "bright", another would call "detailed". One man's "warm" is another man's "muffled". While there may be a general agreement with one speaker compared to another, and slight differentiation in terminology, the fact is, you may hear something completely different than I do and not classify a speaker, receiver/amp, DAC, source, etc... the same way.

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
I've listened to JBL S130II. It seemed warm. The Klipsch (don't remember the model) is bright...seem to have more of a high pitch tone...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks